“Standard in Our Restaurant Rotation”

Zea Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #3 of 564 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We may not take ourselves seriously, but we always take our food seriously. Generic is our mortal enemy.A truly American restaurant always has an opinion.At Zea, we state ours confidently, unapologetically and with a little swagger and laughter. Maybe it's our New Orleans roots, but we know good food. And our personalities are as bold as our menu items are flavorful. As with most lovable southerners, what you see is what you get at Zea. That simply tends to be a lot of extraordinary. Go ahead - try anything on the menu. And don't worry; you'll be hungry again in a few days, inspiring you to come back and try something new.
“Standard in Our Restaurant Rotation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We visit Zea regularly. We enjoy the food, the range of menu selections, and the service.

Visit their website to see their varied menu. The appetizer and salads are typically large and can serve as your entrée. Portions on many of the dishes are large. We typically take home leftovers. I do not have a favorite dish to recommend because I enjoy most of them. The sides are good too.

Most of the wait staff is experienced and very good at their job. Although they are young, some of them have been there for years. So apparently working at Zea is worth their while.

This Zea location is managed very well. The manager has been there for years and gives lots of face time checking on tables and exchanging pleasantries.

The atmosphere is typically lively.

This a popular restaurant in Lafayette, so there may be a wait for a table. Ordinarily, the wait is not long, but if there is an event in town, such as graduations, proms, big concert, etc., waits can be long.

Given the popularity of this restaurant and the volume, do not expect that you will never have some less than satisfactory experience. Yes, you may have an inexperienced or unpleasant wait person; yes, your dish may not be up to standard; but that is not the norm with this restaurant.

We also regularly order takeout from Zea; and the humus makes an excellent cocktail snack when entertaining guest.

It would be nice to see Zea offer more off-the-menu specials. We visit frequently enough that sometimes we would like to try something different. When they do offer specials, they are good.

• Visited June 2013

“Just Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was very surprised at the awful experience my husband and I had while having lunch here recently because I have always had great meals at all Zea's locations previously. I ordered corn and grilled vegetables...both of which tasted severely undercooked (even cold in the middle) and a little rancid. My husband's roasted duck also appeared to be undercooked as it was too pink/red for his taste. His side items of vegetables were also the same as mine. I chose not to have anything to drink with my meal, but my husband's iced tea tasted like roach spray!!! I'm assuming that this must have been a "substitute staff" this day because they were not very accommodating or apologetic at all!! This is very unlike ANY previous visit that I have had here or at ANY Zea's. After this experience, I don't know if I will ever be brave enough to visit this location again!

• Visited July 2013
Jamie M, Manager at Zea Rotisserie & Grill, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Oh my, that does sound awful. I'm surprised to hear of your experience, as our Lafayette location tends to provide our guests with exceptional atmosphere, service and food. I will most definitely look into what happened on the day you dined and do everything in my power to ensure it doesn't happen again, especially to you.

If you do not mind, I would love to hear back from you to find out more details on your experience. Please contact me at jamiem@tastebudsmgmt.com

Thank you for letting us know!
Lafayette, LA
“We chose Zea for our 35th Wedding Anniversary dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Lafayette is the best eating out city in America. It's hard to choose among the amazing restaurants for special occasions. Tonight my bride and I are celebrating 35 years together. For this special occasion we chose Zea Rotisserie & Grill. I might also add that this year we chose Zea for our daughter's 18th birthday dinner, and also for her graduation dinner. She and a large group of her friends chose Zea for dinner prior to their Senior Prom!

We have been eating here since Zea opened in Lafayette. We have been as a couple, and we have been in groups as large as 26, and every time the food and the service has been outstanding. I know that Zea is a chain, but every location acts as a stand alone. I have been to 4 locations and I must say that I find Lafayette to be the best.

If you want a treat that you might not think of at Zea try the Fried Chicken with Red Beans and Rice. With all the fabulous food at Zea, including those amazing ribs, the Fried Chicken with Red Beans and Rice is without a doubt the best I have ever tasted anywhere, and it might be the best thing on the menu.

When choosing your drinks I have to say that the iced tea at Zea is among the best I've had at any restaurant.

Rayne, Louisiana
“Simply Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Always love going to Zea's. My wife and I go there every other week or so. The food is great and have had awesome service every time we've been. Not to mention the atmosphere is great for small groups or couples to double date. Fair price for the quality of food/service...

Visited July 2013
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Salads for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I took two of my employees here for lunch today. We were celebrating Janet's 20 years employment with the agency. We had a very nice lunch together.