“Unfortunately, the quality of food here has declined” 3 of 5 bubbles

China One
Ranked #331 of 557 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Chinese
Denton, Texas
“Unfortunately, the quality of food here has declined”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I used to think that this place had the best takeout Chinese food in Lafayette, but unfortunately the quality of food has declined during the past few years. The sesame chicken is not as juicy and flavorful, and the fried rice is too dry. I can no longer enthusiastically recommend this restaurant as in the past. It now seems to have become mediocre.

• Visited August 2012

lafayette, la
“Very Nice People-Food not so good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

I've seen China One in a popular shopping center since they've opened, but have not eaten there. After reading the great reviews my wife and I ordered the shrimp toast and the shrimp Lo Mein. Neither were good. The shrimp toast incredibly greasy and was burnt.....I know it's fried, but this was bad. The Lo Mein was flavorless.....put some soy sauce and Tony Chachere's on it, but it didn't help. We ate some of the food simply because we were hungry....the rest went down the garbage disposal. The folks at China One are super nice people, perhaps there are other things on the menu that are good. I wish the owners success, it's just not for us.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Tyler, Texas
“Very Good and fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

Great little hole in the wall. Huge menu selection and everything was made to order. Pile of food for $7. General chicken was fresh along with egg role and fried rice.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Denton, Texas
“Best place for takeout Chinese in Lafayette”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

I absolutely love sesame chicken, and this place has the best sesame chicken in Lafayette. My wife has also tried several other entrees, and we've never been disappointed. Pricing and portions are excellent. The inside is pretty plain, with simple tables and seats, so not your ideal place to eat in. However, we would always call in our orders and then pick the food up. I think the restaurant is run my a husband and wife, and although they can be difficult to communicate with at times, they are very nice and polite. The only drawback is that they don't deliver, but it's well worth making the trip.

Princeton, NJ
“Good Take Out and Very Fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

I had to call five Chinese restaurants in Lafayette until I found one that would steam my food ... China One. Vegetables and shrimp were very fresh. Friendly service. My one wish - that brown rice would be an available choice.