“Best Breakfast”
Review of Edie's Express

Edie's Express
Ranked #54 of 573 Restaurants in Lafayette
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This small and unassuming restaurant had the most incredible biscuits. I'm typically not a biscuit for breakfast fan, but these biscuits are small slices of heaven. They are large and so so light. It is a must try when in the area.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Owner greeted me, asked my name, and I was right at home! I had the sausage & gravy biscuit. I thought it would be gravy with pieces of sausage, but it was a sausage patty on a biscuit, covered with gravy and sprinkled with cheese. I also had a side of grits, with cheese and bits of bacon. Tasty for sure! Prices are very reasonable. The owner, Stanley, is as nice as can be. I'll be back several times before my trip is over. :-)

2  Thank AmeliaAirheart
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I ate here with some colleagues during a business trip to Lafayette. We wanted a good place to have breakfast that did not conform to the usual Waffle House blueprint, and this place quickly popped up on one of our smart phones. I have rated this place five stars for several reasons. Firstly, it has a distinctly Cajun feel about it, with appropriate decor and interesting pictures all over the wall (some by local artists). Then I like the fact that the place is so popular and lively, even at 8:30am on a weekday. The serving staff are really friendly, giving lots of advice to give about what to choose. Lastly there is the food, which is really good, homely food, including some Louisian varieties for the more adventurous. I had an omelette plate for around six dollars, including unlimited Community coffee. All the dishes seemed to be excellent value, and I could easily eat here every day for two weeks and not get bored with the menu. I told my wife about this place when I got home from the trip and she said she remembered it from when we used to live in Lafayette back in 1993 to 1998, so this place may well have been around for a while. And, judging by our dining experience, it's not hard to see why.

1  Thank OilRover