“Not what we expected”
Review of Ground Pat'i

Ground Pat'i
Ranked #218 of 585 Restaurants in Lafayette
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

This place should be a fast food drive thru. The burgers patti was not home made. More like charbroiled frozen then cooked. Ugh

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I wrote a review on this restaurant about 4 months ago that was not very complementary. This has always been a favorite but I really felt that it had declined in quality. Yesterday the food and service were both excellent, and what a surprise when you hear what we got.

My brothers and sisters from out of town wanted to meet at GP before the UL Softball game. It's Friday during lent and we are going to Ground Pati??? To my delight to they had a catfish special. Be prepared.... this could not be good..... your family is in from out of town..... just eat here and be nice...here comes the food....WOW!!! This is FANTASTIC!

The fish had a traditional breading on it that was light and fluffy. The outside was crisp and the inside flaky. This was the best fresh cooked fish filets I've had in Lafayette in a while at any price, and I say that because I like to eat fish in restaurants. No name mentioned but there is a place just passed the mall where I've paid near $30/plate for fish not this good.

We were in house with very few people. Only two other tables at 4:30 PM but we needed to finish before the game. They got a large party in and out with time to spare before the first pitch. Great service, hot food, overall a very nice meal. Today Ground Pati was right on target!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Our first time visiting this place my cousin suggested it. I am so glad we went. I had the grilled shrimp and the flavor was awesome. You get plenty on your plate I could not eat it all. I did not try anything anyone else but they all raved about it also. I hope to get back to this restaurant one day soon. I love the old feel of the antiques in the décor. The help was very very nice.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This review is of the Johnston St. restaurant - that being said, I can't imagine choosing to return here, especially with all the other food establishments in Lafayette to pick from. I dined with a friend at 1:00 on a weekday, and the restaurant was not busy, at all. The peanuts we were served were stale - that was the first indication of things to come. My junior cheeseburger had pieces of gristle in it and was so underwhelming that I did not even finish it. Offering mayo to the customer in a condiment bottle that in retrospect, I should have stayed away from, is tacky. I don't think they keep it refrigerated and later on, my stomach paid the price for it! To top it all off, the fries were obviously not fresh as they were lukewarm. I will not choose to eat here again - there are just too many good hamburgers in Lafayette to have to put up with a mediocre one!

1  Thank marilynmoha
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My coworkers and I visited this restaurant on a whim one day for lunch, and I was so impressed I brought my wife back the next weekend. Great burgers and fried pickle spears. Pewter mugs keep the drinks ice cold almost forever it seems. Not bad for a chain restaurant. If you need a quick place to eat, I'd recommend this.