“What crawfish should taste like”
Review of Dwight's

Dwight's
Ranked #46 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 28, 2013

One thing I learned from my years living in Lafayette is how to tell a good crawfish place. If they make their own sauce, have various choices for spice level and have a hole in the middle of the table where you put the crawfish debris, you can be pretty confident it's a good place for crawfish. This place has all three. On the night we visited, they also had a packed house. I could taste why. The crawfish were big, hot, spicy and all the other adjectives that describe good. There were no overcooked crawfish, a common problem in mediocre places. The sauce was just the right spice level and had cajun power sauce in it, so it was really good. The waitress was nice and knowledgeable, and attentive. The prices were high, but I didn't care. I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank marctravis
There are newer reviews for Dwight's

Reviewed April 14, 2013

if you want a good sunday headover to Dwights , it is great you wont be sorry i like it so much i had to wright another review about it

1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Dwight's is a large neighborhood place -- cheap chairs and tables, etc, with no decor at all -- and quite good food. We had a fine Cajun shrimp salad and and delicious fried seafood platter. (Too much fried for my taste, but when in Rome...) The most popular dish judging by the rest of the diners was crabs in a Cajun seasoning.

1  Thank MarkLOlson
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Maybe the best crawfish and fried shrimp we have ever had. Hours fresh. Not much on atmosphere but hundreds of locals each night are there for a reason. Making us thinking of leaving New Orleans early to hit Lafayette again!

1  Thank Prospertexas
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I went for the Sunday BBQ, and it was outstanding. First of all, the restaurant was supposed to open at 11:00. I got there at 10:55, and the parking lot was already full, which is a sign of a great place to eat. There were a lot of people there, but it was a quickly-moving, cafeteria-style line.

As for the food, it was awesome, and there was a lot of it. My plate actually felt heavy. I had brisket, sausage, rice dressing, green beans, baked beans, and bread, all of which was fantastic.

I highly recommend Dwight's. My only regret is that I didn't try it sooner.

1  Thank JazzSinger8