“Not So Great ...”

Social Southern Table & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Social Southern Table & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 585 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: a hip, innovative place to enjoy locally sourced cuisine, hand-crafted specialty cocktails and real Southern hospitality.
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Overpriced food and drinks! The drinks were small, sure, they were good, but very expensive for such tiny drinks! I think I'll just walk across the street to La Fonda, thanks.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

they express the fact that they try to use all local ingredience and buy from local farmers. The atmosphere is fun and youthful. We were probably a little old for the crowd (57) but enjoyed it anyway. Their home made brew was excellent and food was unique and a good quality.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

A good friend who is often in Lafayette suggested that we try Social the next time we were in that area. My partner and I and a good friend drove over for the day and decided to give it a try. The location, along a busy main road near the mall, made me apprehensive. I had visions of another chain wannabe. I was wrong. The interior is restrained and tasteful. The service was excellent. Our waiter, Noah, introduced himself with a card stating that he is hearing impaired and could not have been more attentive without being intrusive. We shared the Cauliflower Steak, I had the Farm Salad with smoked Shrimp, partner had the Mushroom Flatbread and friend had the Chicken Salad Sammie. We sampled each others and agreed that all were very good.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Amazing environment and service with a menu that rotates with seasonal, local items. Gourmet dishes that will leave you drooling and wanting more!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Just had to add my two cents. WE loved our last meal at social. We have eaten there before It keeps getting better and better. First visit: I would not recommend the duck sandwich...too much bread and not enough meat. WE shared the KRab nachos and they were delicious. Second visit we had Breakfast for dinner which was wonderful!The fresh corned beef was delicate and tender. some of the best and tastiest toast.....YUMMY! 3rd visit we shared the pork belly sliders on the appetizer menu. They were delicious! they were served on this soft sweet bread that was heavenly. they had a spicy mayo and the pork was tender. Yum! Then I had the mac and cheese side dish as my order as I love this and it is the best in town! Hubby had the reuben sandwich which he thought was good.