“Love it!”

Posados
Ranked #205 of 566 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Love it!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I am not a huge Mexican food fan but I am so glad we tried this. First off, the atmosphere was great. Very cool décor, a dance floor, bands (Zydeco not Hispanic but still lovely). The service was wonderful. My kids are hard to please, but all of them love it. I love the fajitas and the tortilla soup is the best I've had.

Visited January 2014

West Monroe, Louisiana
“Great food, hard-working employees!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I visited this restaurant with friends after participating in a color run while out-of-town in Lafayette. It was Mother's Day, so there was about a 30 minute wait. The staff was very friendly, and was obviously working very hard to keep up with all the people. The only problem we had was that my friend order a chicken chimichanga and got beef instead. When we told them of the mistake, they rushed out the correct order very quickly. The food was delicious. I ordered the lunch fajitas. They were wonderful and very generous in portion size. I would definitely eat here again if I happened to be back in Lafayette.

• Visited May 2014
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Low Quality Food, Trashy Service”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Visited this restaurant with much higher expectations considering the appearance from outside and the number of people dining there. For such a beautiful restaurant, they will really let you down.

The margaritas were the highest point, although their menu specifically states three types of tequila such as "Herradura, Hornitos, Y Patron", what they mean is "Herradura, Hornitos, O Patron" -- In Spanish, Y means and, and O means or. The bartender agreed to make mine right, but that leaves all other Posado's customers lacking...

The management and host staff were unprofessional and had no problem loudly cussing and making lewd comments with the guests. I felt bad for the families in attendace, as they were simply looking for a night out together.

The waitresses worked hard and did the best they could under the conditions.

The food was not Mexican. They use canned chili on the nachos. The tortillas were definitely not hand made, too thick and not cooked thoroughly. The salsa may as well have been called tomato sauce, as it had no spicy kick.

If they re-staffed and changed some ingredients, they could offer Lafayette a lot more with their current location.

• Visited February 2014
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Posados Awesome Dining”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I had a great time at Posados for lunch today. Our waitress was polite, efficient , and we were served quickly. We chose the chicken enchiladas with sour cream sauce with beans and rice. We also ordered their delicious flour tortillas. Our waitress offered complimentary soapapillas which arrived hot, and we drizzled them with their famous honey syrup! While dining the manager stopped by to greet us. He was most sincere and polite. On the way out my husband also had a complimentary chocolate ice cream cone! We will definitely dine there again, especially since seniors can order from the linch menu any time of the day--not just during lunch hours.

• Visited October 2013
Central Louisiana
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have had Posados in Shreveport, LA and really enjoy that one so we thought we would give this one a try since we were in the mood for Mexican. There was a very small lunch crowd so service was excellent.
I like Posados Chili Rellenos better than anyone else that I've ever had, the breading for the pepper is extremely flavorful. The free sopaipillas are a great added bonus!!

Visited July 2013