“Great date night spot”

Antoni's Italian Cafe
Ranked #34 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Quaint setting tucked in the back of Oil Center Gardens under one of Acadiana's largest Crepe Myrtles. Antoni's is the perfect stop to relax with a glass of wine or cocktail and enjoy some fresh hand made Italian fare. With food ranging from our top selling Basil Chicken Salad to an indulgent Filet Mignon with a rich Mushroom Marsala. Also, we offer delicious Soups, Salads, Pastas, Quail, Salmon, Calzones, Pizzas and Sandwiches. You have got to try our homemade pizza dough, focaccia bread, dressings, Soups and Sauces, all made fresh in house.
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Very nice atmosphere, great food, and good service. I love their simple take on bruschetta. I had stuffed ravioli and at first glance you think the portions are small but you never leave hungry. We meet for business dinners here and last minute date nights and it's perfect for both.

There are newer reviews for Antoni's Italian Cafe

Reviewed January 3, 2014

It has been a long time since we have eaten at Antoni’s in the Oil Center. We had a gift certificate and decided to go there tonight. The couple we went with eats there all the time and they were more than excited to join us. I thought we would have a decent meal, but I had no idea that we would have a very nice treat.

Antoni’s is one of those Italian restaurants that keeps it a little on the dark side like a traditional Italian place. They are trying to get a relaxed, semi-romantic feel out of a strip mall that really has not been altered all that much over the many years they have been open. The menu is rather basic, but it hits all the Italian highlights. We were told stay away from the pasta and that the calzones were great. We followed this advice even though the special tonight was a pasta dish that sounded delicious.

All 5 of us got a different calzone, and all five of us enjoyed the meal. The breading/crust here is outstanding. Not too thick, and it is a little crispy. The filling was more than adequate, and they were cooked just the right amount. Because we all ordered different ingredients they probably took different amounts of time to prepare. That would explain why two of us found our calzones to be a little bit more cool than we would have liked.

The drinks were cold, and the tea and soft drinks were refilled throughout the evening. Our server was good (not great) and she got the job done.

The price for three people came out under $38! That is a fantastic price for the quality of food and service we received. With the tip it came out at about $46. We have not been here in a long time, but we were happy tonight. We will return soon!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Always looking for a local place to eat and ignoring the chains, this was a really good find for us. Service was excellent and the meal was relaxed. Was our first time and our server recommended the pizza. We were not disappointed! Adding this to our list. If the rest of the menu, which was extensive, is as good as the pizza,this will be our favorite place to eat in Lafayette.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great little restaurant with great people and great food. Nice quiet atmosphere and easy to get to and park. I look forward to going back again soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Terrible food, service and wine!
Everything was a disaster at this place! Hated my meal, server saw I didn't eat it and asked if I liked it. I said no and she didn't offer to replace it or take it off my bill. I would have told her earlier but she never came to the table,she was busy shuffling cc transactions at the service area. Wine tasted bad.
I will never go back!!!!!!!!

2  Thank Angelle V