“Real Deal home cooking... not to be missed”

T-Coon's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Baltimore
“Real Deal home cooking... not to be missed”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Came here with some folks for lunch and can tell you this is real home cooking. Got the smothered beef and it was awesome, soaked it up with a roll. Good crisp slaw with a little bit of sweetness. Don't need to be elaborate, just good good food.

• Visited September 2013

Vidalia, LA
“Really good food!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

You may overlook this little place located in a storefront. Nothing fancy, just really good Cajun food. We had the smothered rabbit and shrimp coubion. I was quickly waited on by a very helpful man I assume was the owner, who made the suggestion for me. They are only open until 2, so catch them for lunch ore early for breakfast, I heard they have great beignets as well.

• Visited September 2013
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

If you're looking for a local good place to eat- this is it. REALLY good down home Cajun breakfast. Sausage gravy & biscuits were excellent. We've only been there for breakfast but I understand the lunches are equally as good.

Visited September 2013
Harker Heights, Texas
“disappointed with the beignets”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

When in LA, I am on a mission for the best Boudin and the best Beignets. The sign there advertises the best beignets. I thought they would have been great if I wanted to dunk them in coffee. Though they were freshly made, they were too dark and too dense and too rectangular. We tried. Still on the hunt!

• Visited August 2013
Nixa, Missouri
“Best breakfast in Lafayette”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

When I'm in town my best friend always uses it as an excuse for us to go out for breakfast to T-Coons. The breakfast prices can't be beat, and the portions are huge. I love the sweet potato pancakes with pecans, but I always seem to forget how huge they are--I really only need to order 1!

• Visited August 2013