“Good food, good value, fun, local atmoshphere”
Review of Hub City Diner

Hub City Diner
Ranked #51 of 573 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I am a regular at Hub City Diner for breakfast, and my husband, son and I go once or twice a month for dinner. The staff is friendly, the food is good and the people are local!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have been going to Hub City Diner for the 3 years my daughter has been attending UL Lafayette. With her graduating in 2-1/2 months, we are sadly down to our last few times eating here on a regular basis. While that is sad, we have been so lucky our daughter got turned on to Hub City Diner 3 years ago.

This is your absolutely picture perfect small town diner. And it is superb! My wife HAS to have breakfast there every single weekend we are visiting in Lafayette. The thick bacon slices are hearty and lean. The fresh brewed Community Coffee is so Louisiana and so, so good. But, for breakfast, my daughter and I both agree that the French Toast is the winner. It's made from French bread and is the BEST French Toast I have ever eaten.

For lunch or dinner, anything is great. But, super high marks go to my favorite, the Chicken & Sausage Gumbo. If you think you've had good gumbo in other states (like here in Texas), a really good Louisiana gumbo makes you realize that you don't really have the real deal. This is the real deal. The dark brown roux is so rich and tasty that I just can't pass it up. Ever.

The icing on the cake is the price. Unbelievably low prices for what you get. Prices can NOT be beat. Period. Example: the French toast is $2.99 plus another dollar for bacon. Show me where you can beat that price at ANY quality of food. Much less, the quality that Hub City has.

If you are in Lafayette, I urge you to try this local gem. I believe the sign outside said it has been locally operated since 1990. If they keep doing what they are doing, this place will never close up. I can not recommend this place enough. This is what diners in Houston (all cities, actually) should strive to be.

Oh yeah, I can't believe I almost forgot one of the most important trivia facts about Hub City Diner. Hub City Diner is home to the famous Pelican Elvis statue!! It's classic! Do a web search on Pelican Elvis. At Hub City you can experience it live, in color, and in person!!

1  Thank bbaileyfamily
Reviewed February 20, 2013

It's like transporting back into the 1950s when you go to Hub City Diner. The service is outstanding. The food is better -- if you like 50s fare (which I do). A great place to go for fine diner food.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

consistent and great diner food! the staff is always ready to answer any question you might have, always ready to top off your coffee or water....couldn't ask for much better food from a local diner!!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My three teens and I ate here while in town bringing the oldest to ULL. I was looking for a fun place, a local place, with good food, but reasonable prices. Hub City Diner was the perfect choice. Everyone loved their food and the atmosphere was fun - very quirky - ya gotta love the Elvis pelican mascot statue! I had the catfish over shrimp creole, which was wonderful. One daughter had a burger, the other a grilled cheese sandwich (she's a ridiculously picky eater) and both said the food was great. The curly fries were a huge hit! It was a great place to say "goodbye for three months" to my oldest daughter, without killing my wallet. We'll definitely go back and make some more memories on our next trip to Lafayette.