“Anniversary”

Charley G's Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley G's Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 580 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: a Lafayette favorite known for grilling aged beef & fresh Louisiana seafood over southern hardwoods in a casual yet upscale atmosphere.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This was my anniversary and well worth the trip.
I made reservations a week in advance. We were greeted at the door and made feel welcome.
Our waiter and the rest of the staff made it a very nice evening.
Everything was excellent.
Thanks Charley G’s
High AAA 's

1  Thank Jdsealpuller

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Before you even open the doors of the restaurant, you are greeted by the scent of the wood used in cooking the wonderful dishes. The ambiance is enjoyable and the wait staff is excellent. I would definitely recommend this one!

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

I'm not certain what all the stellar reviews are about as we visited this restaurant and found it to be average at best. I ordered the sampler which included brie, crab cakes coconut shrimp and spring rolls. Everything was nice and served quickly. My husband ordered the soft crab special which included spinach and roasted tomatoes. We each had dessert - strawberry cake and cheese cake. We chose this restaurant based on the reviews but I have to admit my disappointment. I was expecting outstanding food and service. Our server was pleasant but nothing more. If you only have a short time in this city, I recommend choosing a different restaurant.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stopped by for an afternoon drink and snack. The bar area already had a few groups of people around 6pm on a weekday but we managed to get 2 seats at the bar. Had a pianist playing for a short time. The male bar staff were efficient but not very friendly. They also seemed green to me when I enquired about a few drinks. The escargots, though received lukewarm, were good and the gumbo was delicious. Would like to try dinner there next time in town.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Charley G's is a great restaurant but falls short of being a great restaurant. Yea the food is good and the atmosphere and ambience is what I expect from a fine dining experience. But having dined here three times there are some small details that need to be worked on. OK I am being picky and trying to find a problem. But on two other occasions my turtle soup was presented cold not slightly warm but cold. On my first visit my entrée was in the kitchen window long enough for it to get cold because the waiter failed to bring it to me. However both previous visits I was dining alone and for some reason everyone seem to overlook me. In fact the hostess placed me in some obscure booth in the back of the restaurant so I would not get noticed. As soon as I sat down the manager came over apologized and placed me in a better location. This was better but then I got cold food. So I complained and apologizes were made an accepted. So on my 3rd visit with a co-worker we were seated in a nice spot had excellent service and all the food was served hot even the turtle soup. So maybe the restaurant just does not like single people eating at the establishment. With the all this being said I like Charley G's and will go back each time I visit the Lafayette area. All they really need to do here is to polish the rough edges and pay attention to the small details and this could become one of the best restaurants in the US. To get to this status nothing needs to go unnoticed. Even the smallest of details from the kitchen to the wait staff and management of the front of the house needs to be working together. The menu covers all the food chains from seafood to steaks and nightly specials. The wine list is excellent and there were many wines available by the glass. The menu price is slightly high but for the overall quality of the food and being an upscale restaurant it is very much in line and worth the price charged. So as I stated in the beginning it's a great restaurant---almost.