“Dinner was fabulous!”

Charley G's Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley G's Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 566 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“Dinner was fabulous!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We there for our anniversary and were not disappointed. The staff was very knowledgable about the menu and how the dishes were prepared. The atmosphere is romantic, the tables are not crammed together so you have privacy. The service and food was excellent!! We will definitely visit again.

• Visited August 2013

Monroe, Louisiana
“Spur of the moment great experience”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was on an extended business trip to Lafayette. My husband came down for a weekend visit. We called Charley G's on the spur of the moment on a weekend night, hoping to at least land a spot at the bar.

We were not only able to get in, we had a lovely booth in the center of the restaurant. Both the waitstaff and the food were exceptional. And that is really saying something in Lafayette, where people have extremely high expectations of both food and service.

My husband and I shared a salad, and I had the evening's lobster special. He had a filet mignon. We also shared our entrees. His filet was perfectly done and tender enough to cut with a fork. My grilled lobster tail also was perfect. The accompaniments -- potatoes and asparagus -- also were perfect.

Our server was appropriately attentive, and provided well-educated advice as we reviewed the menu and placed our orders.

It was nothing short of a perfect romantic meal.

• Visited November 2013
Cat Spring, Texas
“Prime Time”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

With so many eateries in the Lafayette area this has to be one of the best when it comes to style, servers to guest ratio and menu selection. From the time you walk in you will find this an experience worth the price, a nice take on how the wait staff are listed on the menu and the open pit sort of prep & cooking of food. Great tuna on the Date Night with the wife, only draw back we sat directly behind the band and was not good for our conversation. We will be back to try other menu items and you should give this fine establishment a try when in and around Lafayette La

• Visited September 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Big Disappointment”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My fiancé had a hard time finding anything on the menu he could eat due to severe nut allergies. We both settled on steak, filet mignon. I had mine topped with crab. It took a while to get our water. Our waitress was nice, but seemed quite busy. Apparently, they work in teams which I didn't know until later when another waitress served us. When the food was brought out and the waitress put the plate down in front of me all the crab meat fell off the steak. She just took her fingers and put it back on the 5 oz. of steak I got. How audacious! We were not made to feel welcome at all. It felt like a clique and we were the outsiders. The manager stops by every table to see how people are doing. We told him our thoughts and also asked why we hadn't been served any bread to which he replied, "We don't serve it unless people ask for it. Well, no one checked on us to ask until our food came which was a little late. I wanted it before dinner. This was to be a special occasion and it was anything but...

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SweetSue61
Louisiana
“Good but not Outstanding!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have gone to Charley G's for years and always enjoyed it. Over the years, they have always left you thinking about your next visit. This time it was good but not outstanding. The service and food were good but no better than available a lot of places for less Money. I had the ribeye that was average.

We will come back if it is convenient but not worth a special trip.

• Visited August 2013