“Spur of the moment great experience”

Charley G's Seafood Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley G's Seafood Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 585 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: a Lafayette favorite known for grilling aged beef & fresh Louisiana seafood over southern hardwoods in a casual yet upscale atmosphere.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was on an extended business trip to Lafayette. My husband came down for a weekend visit. We called Charley G's on the spur of the moment on a weekend night, hoping to at least land a spot at the bar.

We were not only able to get in, we had a lovely booth in the center of the restaurant. Both the waitstaff and the food were exceptional. And that is really saying something in Lafayette, where people have extremely high expectations of both food and service.

My husband and I shared a salad, and I had the evening's lobster special. He had a filet mignon. We also shared our entrees. His filet was perfectly done and tender enough to cut with a fork. My grilled lobster tail also was perfect. The accompaniments -- potatoes and asparagus -- also were perfect.

Our server was appropriately attentive, and provided well-educated advice as we reviewed the menu and placed our orders.

It was nothing short of a perfect romantic meal.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

With so many eateries in the Lafayette area this has to be one of the best when it comes to style, servers to guest ratio and menu selection. From the time you walk in you will find this an experience worth the price, a nice take on how the wait staff are listed on the menu and the open pit sort of prep & cooking of food. Great tuna on the Date Night with the wife, only draw back we sat directly behind the band and was not good for our conversation. We will be back to try other menu items and you should give this fine establishment a try when in and around Lafayette La

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My fiancé had a hard time finding anything on the menu he could eat due to severe nut allergies. We both settled on steak, filet mignon. I had mine topped with crab. It took a while to get our water. Our waitress was nice, but seemed quite busy. Apparently, they work in teams which I didn't know until later when another waitress served us. When the food was brought out and the waitress put the plate down in front of me all the crab meat fell off the steak. She just took her fingers and put it back on the 5 oz. of steak I got. How audacious! We were not made to feel welcome at all. It felt like a clique and we were the outsiders. The manager stops by every table to see how people are doing. We told him our thoughts and also asked why we hadn't been served any bread to which he replied, "We don't serve it unless people ask for it. Well, no one checked on us to ask until our food came which was a little late. I wanted it before dinner. This was to be a special occasion and it was anything but...

1  Thank SweetSue61
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have gone to Charley G's for years and always enjoyed it. Over the years, they have always left you thinking about your next visit. This time it was good but not outstanding. The service and food were good but no better than available a lot of places for less Money. I had the ribeye that was average.

We will come back if it is convenient but not worth a special trip.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We picked this restaurant on the spur of the moment after reading the Tripadvisor reviews, and WOW, were we glad! The atmosphere was casual enough that fancy dress was not required, but the fine dining feel was still there. The three of us ordered the sampler appetizer platter (coconut shrimp, half a small Brie with roasted garlic, herbed toast points, mini crab cakes, and amazing, amazing duck and Tasso spring rolls - I would go back just for these.) One of our party ordered the scallops (which he said were the best he'd ever eaten), another ordered the filet mignon, which came on top of asparagus with fried eggplant rounds and was drizzled with hollandaise sauce (which she said said was excellent, with the steak cooked perfectly), and I got the Catch of the Day, which was grilled grouper over a seasoned polenta and topped with lump crab meat (I thought it was a tad bland, but perhaps this was because I'd eaten quite a lot of the appetizer tray and had lost a large portion of my appetite.) I was the only one to get wine with dinner, and, after my food settled, a scrumptious chocolate Pot de Creme dessert. Not a cheap dinner (152.00 before tip), but very well worth it for a special occasion, in my opinion. Our server, Bryan, was sweet, helpful, and very efficient. We got there around 6:00 ish and were immediately seated. The food was served quickly, and was just right in temperature. We would definitely go back.

1  Thank Liv2swim