“Southern Cuisine at its Finest”

Cafe' Vermilionville
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe' Vermilionville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 596 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2017

A couple of girlfriends were visiting from China, and I wanted to impress them with what fine southern cuisine can be, which is a stiff challenge against fine Chinese cuisine. We ordered numerous dishes to share - primarily seafood - and ate Every. Last. Bite. The dishes were beautifully presented; tastily seasoned; and importantly, not too heavy. Since it was a Wednesday night, we also enjoyed some of the local musicians. Our server, Jacob, was attentive, efficient, and so much fun - he even spoke a little Mandarin! It was a night to remember for all of us, and I'm sure my friends will return to China with a fresh perspective on American cooking.

1  Thank Carolyn W

Reviewed October 16, 2017

We went to vermillionville, for the cajun music jam and my husband just HAD to go into their little on sight restaurant. How thankful I was he persisted, that was SO good and filling. The iced tea was perfect, the food was excellant for the great price, and the waitress was great and helpful.no one would regret eating here.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

This restaurant is certainly pricey and offers a fine dining experience which I find a little hard to come by in this area. Most folks down south prefer larger portions and probably a bit more selection on the menu. However, I absolutely love the atmosphere of this place and love the exquisite food. My husband and I went for an anniversary celebration and definitely enjoyed ourselves. The crawfish beignet appetizer is highly recommended though the portion was teasingly small. The dinner serving size was adequate for us both and we left full and happy. The warm bread brought to the table was definitely welcome!

I've also attended a rehearsal dinner at this restaurant which was a GREAT experience. We were served drinks appetizers and had a selection between 3 plates for dinner and a choice for dessert as well. The room that was rented out hardly needed to be decorated as the place is already has unique accents and decor. Food was served plated to our tables (i.e. not buffet style) and it felt just like a regular restaurant experience. I was very impressed.

Overall, we went for the atmosphere and fine dining experience and received exactly what we were expecting! Definitely recommended for a special celebration evening.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

Try appetizer sampler and tortilla soup.
portions are not big, but fine and delicious. No tap beer, but good wine collection instead.
Service is brilliant

Reviewed August 16, 2017

Just returned from a most delicious meal here with my high school classmates of '53.
The service is wonderful and the atmosphere is relaxing. You never feel rushed. The presentation of the food is so appealing. Anyone visiting Lafayette should give it a try.