“AMAZING food that tickles your soul!”

Cafe' Vermilionville
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe' Vermilionville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 596 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2017

Each time I have the pleasure of visiting Lafayette, this is on my list of places to go. The food is spectacular and the atmosphere doesn't disappoint and the spirits flow freely. The owners are always present and they are a breath of fresh air and the staff is extremely attentive to details. A "must do" when in Lafayette!!!

Reviewed May 16, 2017

Having been here for dinner with friends, you could feel this place is special from the moment we stepped in.

We started off with some drinks at he bar, which were executed perfectly.

Even our wish to eat outside was granted, which i appreciated a lot, since we were the only table.

We had some appetizers, everyone of them was excellent, especially good was the pj foie gras with the home made brioche.

I also enjoyed the main course as well as dessert.

The service was outstanding - it made clearly a difference to have proper trained staff - wich is very seldom in lafayette.

We for sure will be back.

1  Thank lh91lh
Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

Very good food and service.we had live music and it was great. Plan to come back for more of wed music events.

Reviewed March 26, 2017

Dinner for my GF and me as I was there on biz. Mid week saw us almost dining alone but a few more showed up. We ate in the big room and the atmosphere is great at this place. On that - the big room needs some background music. It was so quite the few couples there had to whisper to not be overheard.

We didn't get a chance to visit the bar but it looked like a great cozy place for drinks and conversation. We shared the 16oz Rib-Eye and it was really good cooked medium. Sides of mashed potatoes and root vegetables were OK but nothing special. The warm spinach salad was very good.

I'd recommend for large parties, special occasions or couples plus biz dinners

Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had our first date at this romantic setting in the late nineties. Since we were in town for an engagement, we decided to revisit . The atmosphere was the same - white linen tablecloths, tabled spaced to have private conversations, the beautiful courtyard, and attentive waitstaff. We were enjoying the evening and reminiscing about what we remembered from that night many years ago.

The menu was still appealing and the corn and crab bisque did not disappoint. We were enjoying reminiscing and looked forward to the main course but the night took a twist as soon as Max delivered the entrees. My husbands scallops looked wonderful and I could not wait to taste the fish of the day- grouper. Since grouper is usually what I order at any restaurant, I know that it is usually flaky to the touch. I was having difficulty cutting it. My first thought was it was raw or old. I tasted a tiny bit and asked my husband to taste it. He said it was not raw or old . Max came by and we mentioned that it was not the best. He offered to take it back but since we had another engagement, I said it was ok. I made a huge mistake. As I tried to salvage an overcooked piece of fish, I realized I could not eat it. I tried to make the most of the rest of the meal but the risotto was also overlooked and mushy. Thank goodness for the side of asparagus. Max did not reappear until the end of the meal and we told him that my plate was disappointing. He said he would tell the chef and took our plates. He returned with the bill and never commented on the conversation he had about my meal. We paid and was astonished that no one said anything or apologized. Lafayette is known for great restaurants and this is one that I have always told friends about. As we left, the hostess asked about our meal and was shocked when I told her about the grouper. She asked if I filled out the form because they always take notice. I told her that I did not because I felt if the waiter did not take care of it, my handwritten complaint would not matter. This restaurant has such special significance to me that I will try it again but was so disappointed last night .
Left Lafayette famished.