“Very impressed!!!!”

Cafe' Vermilionville
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe' Vermilionville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Very impressed!!!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband had been years ago and we were in town for his business again, he wanted me to try it. We made a reservation and were NOT disappointed. The food was fantastic. Service (Barry) the best. Atmosphere was super. Drinks were excellent. The bar is very cozy.
Yes there were people dressed in jeans and relaxed but so what. They enjoyed their food too. I would highly recommend this place!!!! A fun place for a super evening. We were there for 3 1/2 hours!!!

Visited November 2013

Lafayette, Louisiana
“where are the standards?”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Call me a snob, but if I get dressed up and go to a fancy restaurant then end up paying $138. for dinner for two; is it really too much to expect that there will be a dress code? A family of 5 was seated wearing shorts and teeshirts at 8:45pm; the adult male even had a visor that he never took off. I know that I wasn't the only guest wondering why a dress code wasn't enforced. Is the staff trained to deal with these situations? The food was adequate, the service better than the last time we went last spring. But when we want a fine dining experience, we will go to Ruth Chris or Bonefish next time. Cafe Vermilionville just isn't what it was - and we won't be back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank marilynmoha
“Don't waste your money!!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

When I first walked into the house it has an old mildew smell. The "Banquet" room was just old and dirty looking. Overall a complete disappointment for ALL 10 of us. I was up all night sick! I will NEVER go back. So sad because this used to be such an awesome restaurant that has just gone downhill!!!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Laurilala
Houston, Texas
“Eat Lafayette! What a bargain!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were fortunate to stop by during the Eat Lafayette promotion and had an outstanding meal. For $25, we had a four course meal and these weren't sample sizes. The crab and corn chowder was delicious and not one single piece of shell was found. A nice house salad followed. But the rainbow trout was outstanding. Perfectly seasoned and pan sauteed, then sauced with tomatoes, black and green olives, and capers. And to push it over, flash fried zucchini sticks for a delicious crunch. I'm a fish lover and this is one of the best I've ever had. You should have it on your menu every day. The white chocolate breading pudding was perfection. It was sweet and light, not at all overly dense like some bread puddings are. And I have to mention the watermelon mojito. Just so enjoyable. A great meal in a great food town.

Visited August 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Eat Lafayette special”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Through September 2, 2013 you can order from a special menu-Eat Lafayette. It is for local restaurants. I had a 4 course meal for $25. Included a creamy, corn/seafood bisque, arugula salad with Parmesan, main course of scallops that were perfectly cooked and topped with macadamia nuts, key lime pie for dessert.

• Visited August 2013