“Don't waste your money!!!”

Cafe' Vermilionville
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe' Vermilionville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 577 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

When I first walked into the house it has an old mildew smell. The "Banquet" room was just old and dirty looking. Overall a complete disappointment for ALL 10 of us. I was up all night sick! I will NEVER go back. So sad because this used to be such an awesome restaurant that has just gone downhill!!!!

2  Thank Laurilala

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were fortunate to stop by during the Eat Lafayette promotion and had an outstanding meal. For $25, we had a four course meal and these weren't sample sizes. The crab and corn chowder was delicious and not one single piece of shell was found. A nice house salad followed. But the rainbow trout was outstanding. Perfectly seasoned and pan sauteed, then sauced with tomatoes, black and green olives, and capers. And to push it over, flash fried zucchini sticks for a delicious crunch. I'm a fish lover and this is one of the best I've ever had. You should have it on your menu every day. The white chocolate breading pudding was perfection. It was sweet and light, not at all overly dense like some bread puddings are. And I have to mention the watermelon mojito. Just so enjoyable. A great meal in a great food town.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Through September 2, 2013 you can order from a special menu-Eat Lafayette. It is for local restaurants. I had a 4 course meal for $25. Included a creamy, corn/seafood bisque, arugula salad with Parmesan, main course of scallops that were perfectly cooked and topped with macadamia nuts, key lime pie for dessert.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My daughters birthday and we could have not picked a better place. Service is what this place is all about, you are in for a treat and we so enjoyed spending this special night at Cafe Vermilionville. A superb steak and all the trimmings,with a special birthday cake to top off the evening. Now I must take my wife!!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The word "Cafe" in the title is a bit misleading -- this place is fine dining in every sense of the word. From the best Sazerac I have ever had, through the foie gras appetizer, to the rack of lamb, and bread pudding dessert, my meal was fabulous. Our server was also extremely knowledgeable about all of the items on the menu and really seemed to enjoy telling us about them. I will definitely try to go back next time I am in Lafayette.