“Wonderful surprise and top service”
Review of Tsunami Sushi

Tsunami Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Tsunami Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 566 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Garfield
Description: Tsunami is Lafayette's culinary escape. It opened in 2000 in the historic downtown arts and entertainment district. It fancies itself as the hippest eatery in the 337. LA flare with southern care!
Brussels, Belgium
“Wonderful surprise and top service”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

What a delight. On my one night in Lafayette i landed in this restaurant being a big fan of Rolls and original signature dishes. To my surprise the food was outstanding. Probably one of the best i had anywhere. The quality is fantastic and could beat many top japanese fashion restaurant on many standards. The service was top, the crowd fun and nice, the bar scene is nice too.

Outstanding !

• Visited February 2014

“LOVE this place!”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Best sushi in Lafayette. You HAVE to order the Green Monster. The Dynamite is excellent. We always sit at the sushi bar. Every time we travel to Lafayette, (monthly) we go to Tsunami. Don't know about the drinks, because we always order Sake. Great wait staff. Great service.

• Visited June 2013
Lafayette, Louisiana
“If you want a drink, youre at the right place.”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Stopped in at Tsunami because it seemed like a very upstanding place and was told multiple times, by "non fish sushi eaters" that the sushi was great.. I walked in and sat at the bar and ordered a dirty martini. It came out in a timely manner and was quite delicous. The sushi I ordered shortly after also came out in a timely manner. I ordered a couple of rainbow rolls. The rolls were boring and skimpy on fish. The fish seemed slightly dry, and the "krab" stuffed inside of it....(which was all that was inside) was extremely dry.. I paid good money for a skimpy dry frish roll. It was horrible. I noticed everyone around me were mainly eating crawfish rolls and aligator rolls.. Wouldnt really consider those sushi.. Couldnt really tell if anyone elses fish looked as bad as mine. I took it with a grain of salt, diddnt finish my food and paid my tab. The drink was good. I would rate the sushi quality/selection a 2/10. If you want good sushi, I suggest Sakura on Johnston.. The scooby doo roll is the best in my opinion. Was happy I finally gave Tsunami a shot, so I can turn people away from there for good sushi. I def. dont suggest it.

• Visited April 2013
Iota, Louisiana
“The only place to eat sushi in Lafayette”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The best place to eat sushi in Lafayette. My favs are the Green Monster, Transbestbite, the Leon Special, the 412, and the list goes on! The regular menu items are pretty good too! The bar serves the best martini called The Hunk. Great service, great staff, great food!

• Visited March 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Ranges from Excellent to OK”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We really love Tsunami and find it the best place to get Sushi in the area. We also love the non-sushi menu items that make the restaurant a great place to take friends of all tastes (ie our raw fish haters).

The only drawback is that the food can be inconsistent, less so with the sushi than non-sushi items. We've had a dishes we love (like the Eggplant Miso) prepared perfectly on one visit and mushy/unappetizing on the next. Beef quality seems to vary as well.

That caveat aside, the sushi is consistently great and we love the decor and service at the restaurant. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited November 2012