“steaks supreme”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 576 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Always the best steaks around. The atmosphere is upscale (so are the prices), but well worth it.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Only place we like to eat out... On "big people night out " ;) great service in private dining rooms!

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Well........
I am writing this with a heavy heart because I use to LOVE RuthChris. I have dined there many times and always was pleased until recently. I'll just talk about my last visit. As we were walking to our table the hostess picked up a napkin off the floor. When we were seated I asked for a black napkin because I was wearing black and didn't want white lint on my clothes. She gave me the napkin she picked up off the floor!!!!!!! We ordered a nice bottle of wine which was very good. We then ordered the tuna appetizer as well as the crab cakes. BOTH were superb!!! Then for our entrees my BF ordered the large filet and I ordered a special. It was scallops with a polenta cake. The steak which was ordered med rare was beyond charred. When we said it was burned the waiter laughed and said on the way out he looked at it and thought it looked charred?!?!?!? My order came out totally wrong. When I asked why my scallops weren't blackened and where was my polenta cake he laughed again and said "funny story. The polenta cakes didn't work out so we are just serving it the regular way!!! I would have ordered something different if I would have known that!!! The new steak came out and it was cooked properly but was the worst cut of beef I've ever seen in an upscale restaurant. It was fatty and full of grizzle YUCK. It was not really edible. By this time we just wanted to leave. The manager talked to us and he was really nice. They took the scallops off the bill. The GM called me the next day and said he was sorry about our experience and would send us a gift certificate. So I thought I would wait and give it another try before I left this review. The certificate never came so I decided to post my review. I only recently started writing reviews. I use them so much when I am traveling that I thought it was only fair to write some!!

1  Thank Margaretvest
Reviewed February 25, 2012

It takes a lot for me to send food back, I just don't do it unless I am very dissatisfied. Well last night was one of those times. The $40 filet was overcooked, tough and full of fat. I could normally chalk that up tp bad luck, but my last visit was the same problem, just not a quaity cut of meat that they claim. The steak was replaced with no fuss and the second one was much better but still not top notch. We had 12 in our party and others had tough steaks as well. Not sure what's going on here buy they need to fix it before I drop another $180 bucks in there. Servce was good as ususal but there are much more economical places in Lafayette for a good steak. I will give them credit for the dessert, the chocolate explosion was the "bomb".

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Superb service. Filet with shrimp prepared to perfection. Butternut squash was phenomenal. Atmosphere is always wonderful.