““Best Burgers in Town!” That is a lofty claim!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Who Daq's

Who Daq's
Ranked #225 of 564 Restaurants in Lafayette
Lafayette, LA
““Best Burgers in Town!” That is a lofty claim!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

“Best Burgers in Town!” That is a lofty claim when you are in Lafayette, Louisiana. Who Daq’s has a big sign out in front of their establishment making that very claim. My attitude toward restaurants that claim to be something special is "put up, or shut up".

We both ate the basic Angus burger with pepper-jack cheese added. My daughter’s comment was that it reminds her of the burger at Fat Pat’s with different bread. I totally agree with her assessment. We both liked the special mayo, and we both agreed that it was a very good burger. Is it the best in town? Let’s just say that it is a good burger but I doubt if a very high percentage of people would put it at the top of the list.

We both agreed that the fries were very good, and the size of the order is okay. For some reason they are doing like other places and placing catsup in small plastic containers instead of putting a bottle on the table. By the time you pay labor to fill them, and pay for the little containers, I doubt if they are saving any money by doing this and they make considerably more plastic trash which is bad for the landfills.

The little itself restaurant itself was kind of cute. We found it was very warm inside today due to the constant opening of the doors in a small building. The place is so small that when someone opens the door the temperature of the entire restaurant changes. I think in the fall, winter, and early spring this will be much less of a problem. The service was good. The owner came by the table to make sure we liked our food.

Overall, two burgers, two fries, and two drinks, came out to $23 including the tip. We will be back in the cooler months. This is an alternative to the normal hamburger establishments in town, but it’s not a replacement.

• Visited August 2013

Louisiana
“Garage style dinner with a great salad or burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I come here for lunch regularly because its close to my office. I usually get the Cajun Heat burger or the Southwest chicken salad. Great atmosphere, local family owned ad operated. And they have ice cream and daiquiris! Perfect lunch spot just not super fancy.

• Visited May 2013