“Excellent Find Off the Beaten Path”
Review of BON TEMPS GRILL

BON TEMPS GRILL
Ranked #3 of 586 Restaurants in Lafayette
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come in and enjoy "Swamp Edge Cuisine". We are now open 7 days a week.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Based on another site's excellent reviews of this place, we decided to stop for a late dinner on a family road trip. The waitress was incredibly friendly and most of the food was awesome! Don't miss the Crawfish Stuffed Mushrooms. OMG! Incredible! My husband had the Crawfish Pot Pie - also incredible! The Shrimp and Tasso Pasta was awesome. Fish Tacos were pretty good and Tasso Stuffed Pork was just okay.
We will definitely eat here again should our travels land us in Lafayette!

1  Thank aus_cole

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Such a fun laid back atmosphere! The crawfish pot pie is a must try! I was surprised how big it was. Flaky crust and yummy crawfish filling. I chose the jalapeño cheese grits. So glad I did! My husband ordered the rib-eye steak paired with salad and sage sweet potato mash! Also yummy! The have several interesting martinis on the menu. I tried the gatortini and lemon drop. The gatortini is an absolute must. Only thing I wasn't crazy about was the bread pudding. Service was awesome. Our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu. Loved this place! If you're looking for a fun place with Cajun cuisine, choose Bon Temps!!

1  Thank DawnandClay H
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

First of all let me say that the service and manager were fantastic. Checked on us often and took care of us. Read reviews on food and gave it a shot. It was average food without a lot of love put in it. Had fish tacos and the mango was too ripe and tasted slimy when you bit into it. There was not enough seasoning on the fish and the tortilla fell apart when you picked it up. Wife had chicken pasta and she enjoyed hers but said it didn't compare to the other pastas she's had in the area. Would definitely give them another shot based on service alone.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very good food, enjoyed the selections. Had duck, gator and frog legs. The apple pie was some of the best we've ever had.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

On a day trip in Lafayette, my fiance & I decided to try Bon Temps Grill. We didn't know what to expect as we had only read reviews online. When we got through the door, the hostess was busy seating others so the Owner of the restaurant sat us, which I have never really come across and thought that was really cool. The decor and atmosphere were fun and inviting right off the bat. Our waitress was very nice and knowledgeable about all the dishes and even recommended a few to us. We ended up splitting a crawfish pot pie & a speckled trout covered in Herb Cream sauce. The food was AMAZING and we literally licked our plates clean! The owner made sure to swing by again to make sure we were satisfied and even collected some plates while leaving our table. GREAT FOOD! GREAT ATMOSPHERE! GREAT HOSPITALITY!

1  Thank Heather G