“Surprisingly good ”
Review of BON TEMPS GRILL

BON TEMPS GRILL
Ranked #2 of 573 Restaurants in Lafayette
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come in and enjoy "Swamp Edge Cuisine". We are now open 7 days a week.
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We have been sitting on a gift card to here for some time and had low expectations - never heard anyone talking about the restaurant. My wife and I had lunch there on a Saturday with our 6 month old. Both entrees and the appetizer (shrimp and grits) were amazing and the staff bent over backwards to accommodate our son. If you don't have much time in town, there may be some better options to give you the local experience. If you live in Lafayette, you're missing out if you don't give Bon temps a try.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

One of the best meals I have ever eaten. The grilled fruit and vegetable salad appetizer is delicious. Had the apple and tasso stuffed pork chop which is out-of-this-world. Couldn't pass up the Banana's Foster bread pudding. One of the best desserts I have ever eaten. Don't miss the chicken wraps. All the food is delicious and I highly recommend this restaurant. The Lemon Drop martini was outstanding. Have eaten there many times and was never disappointed.

1  Thank connieretired
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

The waiter recommended the short rib and I was not disappointed. The meat was falling off the bone. The fricisee sauce that covered it was delightfully smokey. The whole thing reasonably priced. Will be back.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This place is great. The first time I went I had the special jalapeno chili frito pie they were serving that day and it was fantastic. I know too that I can come here for a delicious and healthy meal of grilled fish and grilled veggies which is what I get most of the time. I need to explore the menu more but everything I've had has been great. I hope they stay open for a long time.

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

VERY Disapointing. We were looking to try something new in lafayette & saw all the good reviews about this place & decided we'd give it a try. Things didn't look good from the start, we got seated next to a table that the manager was standing at listening to a complaint about the food from the customers sitting there. We shrugged that off & kept an open mind. After we were seated, no one came to wait on us for about 15 minutes. Finally the waiter came & took our drink & app order-crawfish stuffed mushrooms. Drinks & app came, the mushrooms were ok, under seasoned & not very hot but edible. Finished the apps & our drinks & waited for our salads & refills.....& waited, & waited, & waited. 15-20 minutes went by & our waiter finally came back to pick up the empty plate bottle & glass, we asked for refills & the status of our salad, he said they'd be right out.....we waited, & waited, & waited. Salad comes out & it was fresh, crisp, & the dressing was good. We wait about another 15 minutes & the server appears, hands me my steak, looks at my husband & says: "did you order food too?" Of course he had. A few minutes later the manager appears & apologizes for the inconvenience ' promises his food is coming right out. Then the waiter comes out & apologizes for forgetting to place his order. After about 10 minutes, & me being halfway through my entree, his New Orleans BBQ shrimp come out. My sirloin was cooked well, not seasoned but edible, the disappointment on my plate was the jalapeño cheese grits-they were cold, unseasoned, no jalapeños, & no cheese. My husband's dish was VERY disappointing, just looking at it you could see the noodles were way over cooked, to the point of them being broken apart. The shrimp were hard & rubbery, as if they had been microwaved. The sauce, this was disgusting, it tasted like watery worshteshire sauce, salt, & garlic-it was (for lack of a better word) gross. My husband is not picky & will normally make the best out of a situation, eat what he can, & leave it at that; this food was inedible. So we call the waiter over, show him the dish & voice our issues, he apologize & goes get the manager. Manager comes over, looks at the plate, & immediately says this is unacceptable & apologizes & offers to get my husband anything he wants. At this point, I'm finished eating & he is frustrated so he just declines & asks for the bill. So we pay & walk out, as we are leaving we cross the manager talking to another waitress & we hear the waitress saying: "they both said they were over cooked & sent them back". So apparently ANOTHER table, that made 3 we know of, was having issues. Sad to say but between the poor service & bad food, we will not be back & we will warn people about how bad our dining experience was.

3  Thank lebasgeauxtigers