“A quick stop on the food tour”
Review of BON TEMPS GRILL

BON TEMPS GRILL
Ranked #3 of 586 Restaurants in Lafayette
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come in and enjoy "Swamp Edge Cuisine". We are now open 7 days a week.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were took the Cajun Food Tour and one of the stops was at Bon Temps. Although we were there for just a few minutes, we were able to try some twice cooked gator legs smothered in sweet and spicy Thai sauce. A Canebraked beer topped it off. Absolutely worthy of a second visit next time we are in town.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

nice little restaurant, friendly service and great food. When the owner comes to your table and meets and greets you it is a plus. Everyone seems generally concerned that we had a good experience.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

What a gem! I had the Crab-Corn soup and the Shrimp in Tasso Cream Sauce over Pasta. Soup was full of sweet crabmeat! Thank goodness I only got a cup. My shrimp were huge and the sauce had the sharp tang of Tasso. Good portions. Spouse was making happy noises over his Frog Legs and sopped up all the cream sauce. He also ordered a bowl of the Duck-Andouille Gumbo and almost couldn't finish it. Guests loved their duck (aka Swamp Legs) and the Shrimp & Grits. Portions were generous, Jared, our server, was personable, professional, and accommodating. Not much atmosphere but don't let the rustic exterior fool you- this is a seriously good restaurant. Local families eat here.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Excellent authentic Cajun food at very reasonable prices. A local family owned restaurant with an attentive staff. Don't be fooled by the causal appearance of the exterior , the menu and food are among the best in Lafayette----just ask the locals who dine there. A little hard to find , so set your GPS. Worth the drive !

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Worthy of every positive review. The Boucherie board had a little of everything-ribs, steak, grilled tuna,shrimp, boudins and sausages + 2 sides. The ribs were beautifully gentle tug off the bone done. They seemed to have an unusual hint of cinnamon which normally I might not like but these were great. The steak was cooked exactly as we asked with the perfect char. The tuna and grilled head on shrimp were fresh and tasty as well. I'm not sure what type of boudins there were but I thought at first I had died and was waking up in heaven. So tasty and just the right heat for me. Sausages were great as well. Two sauces were on the board with the meat. One was creole mustard based and the other I'm not sure but both were very complimentary to the meat. Sides were the braised brussels sprouts, actually nicely caramelized with bacon. Wait, it might have been bacon with brussels sprouts-so good. The country friers are potatoes that are cut in thick slices and probably deep fried. These were well browned so the taste of the potato was maximized. I think they had truffle oil on them too. It seems a simple preparation but one of the best potato dishes ever. The restaurant is smaller so I would probably call ahead to reserve a table. Our service was friendly and attentive. Reasonable prices for the great quality of food.
I would have to put this in the category of DON'T MISS!