“Fantastic dinner in welcoming casual restaurant”
Review of BON TEMPS GRILL

BON TEMPS GRILL
Ranked #2 of 573 Restaurants in Lafayette
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come in and enjoy "Swamp Edge Cuisine". We are now open 7 days a week.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a superb meal here - but beware, the portions are huge! Our appetizers were the boudin board and swamp legs (duck and 'gator legs). Neither of us had ever had alligator legs before and they were reminiscent of spare ribs - really excellent - and the duck drumsticks were also delicious. The boudin board was a meal in itself and had some of the best sausage I have had in the USA - really exceptional. Only I could manage a main course after appetizers - and I enjoyed the redfish with one of the salsas. Again this was exceptionally well cooked, well seasoned and delicious.
The staff and owner are friendly and welcoming and if I am ever in Lafayette again I will definitely return

2  Thank JLAshVale

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We live in the New Orleans area and are not strangers when it comes to exceptional cuisine, but this little restaurant was a one of a kind gem. The atmosphere is casual, warm and inviting . This is where the locals eat. Comfortable booths with cloth napkins. You can wear your jeans and shorts, but get there early . This is a small restaurant and fills up quickly. We got there about 5:30, but it was starting to get crowded when we left. We ordered grilled redfish with side salads, and grilled asparagus. We tried fun drinks called Gatortinis too, which were a little sweet,but good.The food was all so fresh, well seasoned and just delicious . The staff was very friendly and knowledgable . Our only regret was that we were too full to try the bread pudding. We will remedy that on our next trip.
This place is a little out of the way but will worth visiting It was also well priced and lots of fun.

1  Thank Leslie H
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Traveling for work can be a drag especially by yourself. I happened to stumble upon Bon Temps. The staff was incredibly friendly and the service was impeccable. The food was exceptionable. I was pleasantly surprised. I recommend anyone visiting Lafayette to make sure to try this place.

1  Thank Dugasba
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went to another restaurant in Lafayette only to discover it was closed. We found the Bon Temps Grill as a back up. The special was salmon cakes. They were awesome. Crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. I'd definitely make a trip there again.

1  Thank scott-stover
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Ate lunch there today. Very nice setup. Building is clean and well laid out. Service was excellent . my wife enjoyed their "house" chili nacho plate. I enjoyed the abbeville oyster po-boy. Son had tuna. All were pleased with our meals. Came out in reasonable amount of time (about 10minutes). Easy to miss the parking lot entrance so slow down to catch the correct driveway

1  Thank T D