“Crawfish shack and more”
Review of BON TEMPS GRILL

BON TEMPS GRILL
Ranked #3 of 585 Restaurants in Lafayette
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Come in and enjoy "Swamp Edge Cuisine". We are now open 7 days a week.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This out of the way location made for a fun outing on a recent business trip where our local hosts wanted to show us some local color. Two brothers running the place oversee a great menu with lots of choices. The table shared a few orders of a crab cake special and the shrimp and grits. Both excellent!! A surprising crab cake that was huge and with plenty of crab under the cornflake crust. Grilled fish with choice of two sides was a great selection. The mahi mahi probably better than the snapper but both were good. Specialty martinis and good wine and beer choices washes it all down. Good service and friendly casual atmosphere made this a fun new place to go back to again.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife found this place in TripAdvisor as we were passing Lafayette on I10. It was lunch time and sounded good. It was a trip from the highway, about 6 miles and 25 minutes with traffic. Great food and friendly staff. I had the meatloaf and my wife had the special. It was just too far from the highway for a quick lunch, but if I was spending time in area I would definitely be heading back there.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had heard great things about this little restaurant so I visited on a weekday for lunch. I ordered the meatloaf which came with red potatoes and I ordered asparagus for my side. My waiter was very friendly and I did not wait overly long for service. However .... The meatloaf was lukewarm and the red potatoes were liberally doused in red pepper - I scraped off what I could to spare my mouth. The asparagus was thin and very well done - maybe, it's just not asparagus season. After asking for a roll, I was given one that I assume was supposed to be baked and wasn't - it was bland and tasteless. I did mention to a woman I thought was the manager about the lukewarm meatloaf, and that's the last I saw of her. I do intend to give the restaurant another try and hope for better luck next time.

1  Thank marilynmoha
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'll just "second" all of the other reviews and go straight to the food critique. I had a cup of gumbo and it was a lot and very tasty, just the right amount of spice. I soaked up the last little bit with the very buttery light bread. Awesome! The special was grilled amberjack on a bed of crab meat, snow peas,and artichoke hearts. It was perfectly prepared with a very smooth and creamy flavor. My wife had shrimp and tasso on pasta, and it was very good with just a hint of heat in the spices. The serving was very ample and she couldn't eat all of it. The wine was very good and not expensive. As others have said, the staff was very friendly and Steve came to our table a couple of times to be sure everything was right and to make casual conversation. This place is a little far from other places in Lafayette, but it's certainly worth the trip.

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We were a bit worried when we walked in. Tavern look did not reasure! But wow, the service and the food are great and the price acceptable. The white wine we chose was not too expensive but great. And believe me my friend really knows her wine!

We strongly suggest an appetizer each with one entree dish for two, the portions are big.

The boudin is fantastic and Steve the chef is really sympa.
Our dessert, the oatmeal cookie thing was enough for three and awesome.

Service is great. Well worth the drive here. In fact we are considering coming back tomorrow because the chef is ready to prepare a boudin plate specially for my friend