We stayed here in 2 adjoining rooms while traveling from north of Austin, Texas to Lafayette, LA. We missed the nightly reception by 15-20 minutes (because of our 2 kids have a couple of extra "stops" ;) , but the hotel was soooo wonderful that they let us take anything already cooked/made back to the room for our party of 5 (3 adults, 2 kids under 8). Plus, the popcorn and drink machine runs until 10-11pm.
We did run next door, to the Cracker Barrell, literally a parking lot away, to supplement dinner, but just barely...we just needed one adult meal and one kid meal due to a pickier child and one of the adults who was recovering to gastric bypass surgery. Other than that - PERFECT and no meals from the outside needed.
We hadn't intended to stop back in Lafayette on our way back home from Orlando, but a major storm stuck us early there. We stopped early and were then a family party of 4 in a king suite room - perfect again!
ALL of the staff at this hotel are wonderful. Really, really wonderful and friendly. But honestly, the most major reason we chose to stop here again on our way back from Orlando almost 10 days later, is because of the staff, especially THERESA. My kids absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED her. She is a true gem and a gift to the Drury family of Hotels. She remembered my kiddos as we came through early on our return trip and we had already "booked" our stay, but she treated my kids like a prince and princess. Theresa is an absolute doll for families - she is what I rarely say - "one of a kind." If you are lucky enough to meet her, at least once, on your stay, you will be truly blessed!
(ps - the night clerk on our night of arrival on 11/19 was also exceptional, but I sadly was tired from the night and missed grabbing her name)...
All and all - exceptional. We have stayed at 4-5 star hotels and the service at this hotel blows them away. If you like "Southern Hospitality," you will love this place, and the value is unbeatable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All hotel guests at Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette enjoy free extras every day: free hot breakfast, free 5:30 Kickback(R) with hot food and cold beverages, free wireless internet, free parking - and much more! Conveniently located off I-10, it's a short drive to the University of Louisiana Lafayette and area attractions like Alexandre Mouton House Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette Hotel Lafayette
- Drury Inn And Suites Lafayette
- Drury Inn Lafayette
- Drury Lafayette
- Lafayette Drury Inn Hotel