“ROACHES ROACHES ROACHES!!!”

Rodeway Inn Lafayette
Ranked #39 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed February 4, 2014

TWICE we were awakened in the middle of the night with roaches CRAWLING ON US!!!!!!

When the light was turned on, more roaches were on the walls!

Needless to say this was a disgusting horrible hotel experience that was the worst I have ever had.

There were other numerous issues with the hotel (like visible rats traps), but why bother with details. Just do yourself a favor, and don't stay here.

Additionally, when the problem was reported to the front desk, I basically was told "we're sorry." When the problem was reported to corporate, I received an email that basically said "we're sorry," though they did say they looked forward to serving me in the future. Fat chance of that happening!

As far as I can tell, that will be the extent of the Motel 6 response.

I wish I could rate the overall company also. Not only is the hotel ridiculously poor, so is the company's customer service.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RDS2014
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Lafayette

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We needed a place to stay for the night on a roadtrip, and this was the most inexpensive place that would take dogs. We checked out the room before agreeing to rent because we had previously had a terrible experience in a Motel 6 -- I highly suggest doing this first! The first room had a loud air conditioner so we got a different room. The room was pretty clean and quiet. The TV worked well, and the fan / air conditioner worked quite well. The bed was not uncomfortable but still a little too hard. There were cute quilts, but they still had a few holes in them from cigarette burns. It worked for our needs for the night.

The employee told us the rooms will be renovated in a few months, so I'm sure it will be even better then.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2013

It was cheap and I was tired. Some Motel 6es are good. This one was a dump. The room was clean. Air con and heating were only somewhat operable. Too cold and I couldn't turn it off. When I tried hot, it was too hot.

Bed looked like it might be OK but I didn't stay long enough to sleep. Musty smell.

Some other guests in the parking lot seem disreputable. My paranoia grew. When I heard, The bixxh isn't here." I bailed.

I drove to Abbeville and for $10 more I got the SunBelt Lodge. Excellent (see my review).

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Danwershow
Reviewed November 12, 2013

There was quite a lot of building work going on when we arrived, but all for the better. In a few months it will be great as well as the rooms getting a renovation.
The computer system had gone down and it was reservations only as it was so full.
A slight hiccup when my mother was allocated a room that was "condemned" due to the quality of the bed. She was given a room close to mine and we got free wifi as an apology.
Rooms were good and quiet, with little traffic noise.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back and North are away from the road and the pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Gross. I give it one star because the building is actually there and I don't think the roof leaks.

I was lied to on arrival saying there were no down stairs rooms available. My no-smoking room was a nasty obvious smoking room, My replacement room was, surprisingly, downstairs.

The new room smelled musty, the carpet was worn, faded, and very dirty. Hours later, when I turned back the covers I found dirt and hairs on the bed sheets. The extremely small mattress pad under the sheets also had nasty, short, black, curly hairs all over it.

I grabbed a towel out of the bathroom to lay over the bed, but it was already damp! (The A/C was running when I entered the room, so it wasn't from humidity.)

To late to get a refund, and, unfortunately, I was traveling by motorcycle; I could not just go out & sleep in my car.

Move along, there is nowhere to sleep here.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Billie L,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness and odor conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I read all these reviews and was really surprised. I have had none of these problems. I think some people must be reviewing another location. I came straight here from a nursing home and have not been scared at all. The room is clean, comfortable and has a comfortable bed and nice tv. There is an excellent restaurant across the road-El Rodeo and Cracker Barrel, Dairy Queen, Steak and Shake, Bob Evans, a water park and many more restaurants and stores are very close. I am a native of this area and did not hear any negative things about this Motel 6. I am not acquainted with any of the staff and this is an unbiased review.
I am very pleased with the handicap accessible room and the friendliness and help from the staff. Such nice people! I accidentally flooded the bathroom from the shower and they were not unpleasant about this at all. They have mopped it up and we have a fan going to dry things out and there was not a frown or cross word. I am staying at least another night. I am waiting to get into my new apartment. I am happy to say this has been a good experience so far in spite of my mistake. :-) Keep up the good work! (They deserve raises and nobody asked me to say that) This is a very good deal at a reasonable cost-I have had no disappointments except I think all bathrooms should have a huge whirlpool tub. :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This motel is cheap and close to the road but the rooms smell of mildew and there are strange people constantly driving around the buildings.
If you have a dog, there is a tiny grass patch and the rear of the property, but nothing really else to walk to.
I would not recommend this location if you're in a pre-planning phase.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo