See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We chose this hotel because the price was cheap and it was right on the way where we were going on our roadtrip. Some pros of the hotel was that the staff was friendly, the price was amazing, the beds were comfy, and the lobby area was very updated. The breakfast was ok and it filled us up. The pool was nice but it needed to be cleaned (the staff should scoop it out every morning). Some cons were that in the room the decor was ok but the room was dark and dank. We were in room 134. Also, the carpet looked awefully dirty and the room reeked of old mildew. It was aweful! The shower curtain was also mildewed. As we were packing up the car our hotel door was open and the housekeeping crew parked there cart there and just waited for us to leave. I felt as though we were being rushed out. I did not like this. If the hotel can redecorate the carpet, room, and remove the mildew smell, it would be a great little deal for the money.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here traveling across country with my 2 puppies. The only thing I don't like is that you have to pay so much for your pets to stay, but you have dirty, stinky construction workmen who smoke, sweat on the pillows, spill coffee on the carpets, and track in mud and dirt from job sites. Pet friendly hotels should not charge extra for our pet family, that would be pet-friendly. I only stay at Quality Inn because they allow pets but they don't do anything extra for the fee they charge.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I did not choose this hotel willingly, it was the only hotel with availability. Probably for a reason, it must be the worst in Lafayette, LA My main concern was that it was so dirty.

Room Tip: If you really have to stay there try to get a room on the first floor since there is only one elevator located outside the hotel all the way to the back.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 4voyage
Brad H, Manager at Motel 6 Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry you had an unpleasent stay on your visit to Lafayette. If you would contact me at 337-234-0383 I would like to take care of you. This is not typical of our hotel and staff.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stopped at Lafayette in order to avoid New Orleans during Mardi Gras as we were told it was not the best time to see the place properly. We only planned to stay in this hotel for 2 nights but the room was excellent and from the beginning we thought all the staff were very helpful and friendly. Also, this was the only hotel in the area which did not change its rates due to the festivities: we were charged their normal rates during the Mardi Gras in Lafayette. So we stayed for 4 nights as there are some really amazing places to visit not only in Lafayete but also in the vicinity. We definitely would go back to this hotel when visiting the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Idor1
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I was really surprized after i read the bad reviews eirlier in the year. I love choice hotels so i decided to stay here anyway. To my surprise i was comming to see about going to ul for my college dagree, and the staff there was amazing even recongnized my CP status as being elite gave me a welcome call 20 minutes after i got in the room ive never had any other staff call me after i checked in i was amazed at how good and kind the staff is the room was so clean and smelled so fresh an sleep like a baby in the bed checking out i was greated with a great smille an a offer to make sure all my needs were meet when my parent come to visit ill be sure to recommend them to stay at the quality inn it felt like home away from home like i felt u cant beat the price and they accept you like family.u wont regret staying here i didnt i loved it an the pool is amazing.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo