“Not at ALL worth the few pennies you will save!!”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lafayette North/I-10
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
kirby,tx
“Not at ALL worth the few pennies you will save!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed at this property while in transit from Houston to New Orleans.We were moving and got separated from my husband so of course we were tired and short on patience and just wanted to shower and sleep. Unfortunately, I booked this hotel using my husbands points, I picked this hotel because it was one of the few that had the room type I wanted at the point value I could afford, only to find out I would have done much better to have just spent a few more points and gotten a better hotel.Now I must say, I have stayed at several other Quality Inn and Suites in San Antonio and others, and I never had such a horrible experience and didn't expect to have a bad experience based on what I knew of the others I had stayed at before.
This hotel was run down, the outside could fool you, but the rooms were poorly put together, and the staff was basically unable to help as there was only one man available late at night and he was disabled. We requested a roll-away for a disabled child, we did not receive one and were told it was not possible to get one. There were numerous hairs on the sheets on both beds,that is, the sheets that were SUPPOSED to be clean.Our phone in the room was broken meaning that the only way to reach the office was to either go to the office personally (it was very cold and very late when we arrived), or to use our cell phone and I have pre-paid. One of my biggest pet peeves of any hotel, no matter how old, or poorly cared for they are is NOISE. At 3am in the morning there were people outside my door, just by the stairwell, talking and laughing loudly for about two hours.Because I was undressed I could not go to the office to complain,because the phone was broken I could not call, and because there were several large men in the group I was worried about sticking my head out of the door to fuss at them. By the time 4am came around I was exhausted and ready to strangle someone, and as the group got louder and louder, they finally woke my baby up, at which point I pulled on my pants and stuck my head out the door and yelled "DO YOU MIND? YOU JUST WOKE UP MY BABY!" At that time they apologized but continued to talk outside for about 30 more minutes. I had to get up the next morning to continue on my journey, I was late because of the lack of sleep and felt jet-lagged for two days afterwards.I did insist on talking to the manager the next morning, who was, of course, unavailable, but the acting supervisor did say she was make sure my points were returned to me. They didn't seem too concerned that I had had such a terrible experience or that their representation of the Choice Hotels brand was very poorly made. I have not yet reported this to Choice Hotels, which we are rewards members at a Diamond Level, but plan to do so as soon as possible. If a hotel tries honestly to make amends for their short-comings I certainly will hold no ill will towards them, but when they blatantly ignore the anguish of a valued guest it becomes evident that they are unconcerned with the woes of the very people they are put there to serve.I would not return to this hotel for any reason nor would I ever suggest that anyone else do so.

Room Tip: If you had to choose, best to stay closer to the office I suppose.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank bluebonnetintx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We chose this hotel because the price was cheap and it was right on the way where we were going on our roadtrip. Some pros of the hotel was that the staff was friendly, the price was amazing, the beds were comfy, and the lobby area was very updated. The breakfast was ok and it filled us up. The pool was nice but it needed to be cleaned (the staff should scoop it out every morning). Some cons were that in the room the decor was ok but the room was dark and dank. We were in room 134. Also, the carpet looked awefully dirty and the room reeked of old mildew. It was aweful! The shower curtain was also mildewed. As we were packing up the car our hotel door was open and the housekeeping crew parked there cart there and just waited for us to leave. I felt as though we were being rushed out. I did not like this. If the hotel can redecorate the carpet, room, and remove the mildew smell, it would be a great little deal for the money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here traveling across country with my 2 puppies. The only thing I don't like is that you have to pay so much for your pets to stay, but you have dirty, stinky construction workmen who smoke, sweat on the pillows, spill coffee on the carpets, and track in mud and dirt from job sites. Pet friendly hotels should not charge extra for our pet family, that would be pet-friendly. I only stay at Quality Inn because they allow pets but they don't do anything extra for the fee they charge.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Holiday, Florida
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I did not choose this hotel willingly, it was the only hotel with availability. Probably for a reason, it must be the worst in Lafayette, LA My main concern was that it was so dirty.

Room Tip: If you really have to stay there try to get a room on the first floor since there is only one elevat...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 4voyage
Brad H, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lafayette North/I-10, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry you had an unpleasent stay on your visit to Lafayette. If you would contact me at 337-234-0383 I would like to take care of you. This is not typical of our hotel and staff.
Cornwall
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stopped at Lafayette in order to avoid New Orleans during Mardi Gras as we were told it was not the best time to see the place properly. We only planned to stay in this hotel for 2 nights but the room was excellent and from the beginning we thought all the staff were very helpful and friendly. Also, this was the only hotel in the area which did not change its rates due to the festivities: we were charged their normal rates during the Mardi Gras in Lafayette. So we stayed for 4 nights as there are some really amazing places to visit not only in Lafayete but also in the vicinity. We definitely would go back to this hotel when visiting the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Idor1
Tickfaw, Louisiana
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I was really surprized after i read the bad reviews eirlier in the year. I love choice hotels so i decided to stay here anyway. To my surprise i was comming to see about going to ul for my college dagree, and the staff there was amazing even recongnized my CP status as being elite gave me a welcome call 20 minutes after i got in the room ive never had any other staff call me after i checked in i was amazed at how good and kind the staff is the room was so clean and smelled so fresh an sleep like a baby in the bed checking out i was greated with a great smille an a offer to make sure all my needs were meet when my parent come to visit ill be sure to recommend them to stay at the quality inn it felt like home away from home like i felt u cant beat the price and they accept you like family.u wont regret staying here i didnt i loved it an the pool is amazing.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jacy c
Beaumont, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2012

My job put me in this holet for a two week stay. The staff was excellent! They were friendly and very courteous. The rooms smelled fresh and were clean! There was even dinner in the lobby on Wednesday evenings! I had ZERO complaints about there accomedations or the service. I will absolutely stay there again when I'm in the area!

Room Tip: The king sized suites are great!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business