“Friendly atmosphere”

Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Beaumont, Texas
“Friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stay at the Red Roof on a fairly routine basis, whether is business or pleasure. The staff makes the stay more memorable. I have never encountered an unpleasant member of the staff. Edna Lous has become a friend as well as a manager of the facility. I would like to take this time to share with everyone who visits Lafayette, Louisiana, staying at the Red Roof Inn will give you a clean room and staff that pay attention to the need of it's guest. Visit Mrs. Edna and the Red Roof.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jay K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Courtney,

Thank you for your review of our property. We really appreciate the positive comments and the kind words. Our staff work very hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and satisfied with their stay. I will also be sure to relay your commending words to Ms. Edna.

We look forward to your next visit to the Lafayette area, and want you to know that we truly value your business!

Jay Kumar, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tarrytown, New York
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stay in Red Roofs on a fairly routine basis for long business trips, when looking for a basic and uniform room at a low price. On a rare trip with my family from Houston to New Orleans, we happened to stay one evening at this facility. It was embarrassing to have what quite clearly was a prostitution issue at an adjacent room. When I arrived for check-in, the woman behind the plexiglass enclosure (as another person alluded to, the area isn't exactly safe) said that they didn't have any rooms downstairs, which was an issue for my handicapped mother. Because of the ne'rdowells outside, we had to try to quietly bring all of the luggage up to the room. In general, I certainly hope Red Roofs stay in business, but would advise other travelers with options to avoid this facility. If one is looking to score drugs or prostitution in Lafayette, LA, this is apparently a facility where one can find it. Given the state of business, one would have to operate under the assumption that management is simply turning a blind eye for the sake of filling a respective room for an evening (roughly $50 per night).

Room Tip: Avoid this facility
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GetsAround1977
Jay K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear GetsAround1977,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am sorry your stay was not satisfactory and we would like to apologize for any wrong behavior you may have witnessed. With a quick phone call to the front desk explaining your concerns, we could have quickly addressed and solved this inappropriate situation. Sometimes it is tough to keep trouble out of the facility; however, with the help of great guest like yourself, we are readily available to solve these troublesome worries so everyone can rest comfortably.

We hope that you give us another chance when you are in the Lafayette area, and want you to know that we truly value your business!

Jay Kumar, GM

Travelers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Charlestown,IN
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I noticed the rating of this inn changed this time it went down!! How can you rent multiple rooms and not get points for them, only one counts?? Last time we stay here!!! The past few times we stayed here I didn't get the proper points!! Time for a change I can get more for my stay elsewhere!! Say Holiday Inn!!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Frank,

Thank you for your review of our property. I apologize that our loyalty program did not meet your expectations; Red Roof Inn is working very hard on improving our program to better suit guests needs. With the help of you and your honest remarks, this allows us to better our weaknesses.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I got everything I paid for and more. My wife and I recently attended a family reunion around my niece JULIA WILLIAMS first CD and performance at the http://www.festivalinternational.com/site.
We needed to find a clean comfortable place to hang our hats. I find when I close my eyes in a Motel 6 it looks exactly like penthouse at the Doubletree except I ain't pulling candy mints out of my hair the next morning. Or sneezing my assets off from the troubling scent obvious created by a troubled person. PLEASE KISS
We had a clean room, very comfortable bed and peace, far from the madding crowd for less then a pillow case of Egyptian 1 Trillion tread count of virgin cotton raised by virgin farmers, in the Virgin Islands.
If you worry about safety talk to the two kids warming up in the lot for there big out of town game. They were uniformed up, and ready to go but I think Dad and Mom went out that night.
My wife and I will stay again I am sure of that with family and all. With great price and what I need in a room it is perfect for me. I am not impressed by presumption.
Da Gadfly

If I forgot I went to see my niece JULIE WILLIAMS. Her new CD is Julia Williams

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jay K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dr. Razzu,

Emmaus
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Very disappointing for a Red Roof. The room was dirty and the neighborhood was not exactly the best in the world. It was a somewhat scary place to walk the dog, although he was quite happy there. At least the bed was comfortable, and the fridge and plumbing all worked properly.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bern666
Brent S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Bern666,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am sorry that the room did not meet your standards, and regret to say I was not alerted with this issue during your time spent with us.

Fremont, California
Reviewed March 7, 2014

After pulling in and getting settled, we were greeted by the most sweetest guy, Jordan. We asked for our non smoking room, got our keys and were on our way.
We got to our room and it smelled horribly like cigarettes that we couldn't bare it. I went back downstairs and Jordan pleasantly gave us another room. Unfortunately the bathroom in the new room was flooded. So I went back downstairs again. Poor Jordan was stunned to see me back. I explained the situation and we were moved to room the next door. To our surprise, the room had not been cleaned (beds were a mess, trash on counters and floor not vacuumed) SO, I went back down again. A mortified Jordan was still there when I walked in and I just showed him a picture of the room. At that time, he found the manager to help. The manager, Jay, was so nice and apologetic about the situation and helped us to another room on the other side of the Inn. So after we got an upgraded room and settled, the manager left and we got ready for dinner. We then realized that Jay forgot to give us the keys. So we went back to see Jordan for the key then went to dinner.
After a terrible dinner (you'll see my report on that too) we went to our room and guess what??? The keys didn't work. lol. I went back downstairs and Jordan reset the keys. Went back to room and you would never believe this??? Those keys didn't work either. My mom went back downstairs and brought Manager Jay back. He verified that the key system on the door wasn't working properly but he let us in. We weren't going anywhere that night, so we really didn't need a key.
Because of all our issues, Jay accommodated our bill.
The staff was wonderful and tried so hard to help our stay. I don't believe the cleaning staff take their jobs seriously and really need some training on what "clean and fresh" means.
What I did see that I didn't like was guests who were High and it was very apparent.
The location of this Red Roof is prime and is capable for AAA+ ratings. But they need to rid the Inn from drugs and lazy staff.
If I were in LA again, I would stay there again because I loved the customer service I was getting from Jordan and Jay.

Room Tip: Kids activities and swimming pool weren't applicable.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank tpcchefnet
Jay K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am sorry that you ran into a few inconveniences during your stay; I am glad that I was present in helping with your situation by adjusting your bill accordingly.

We take all reviews very seriously here as a team and appreciate your honest evaluations. We look forward to improving our faults for your next stay with us. Thank you for your cooperation. I appreciate your generous words for Jorden and I.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed February 7, 2014

owner & his staff were so nice & helpful to us during our stay. The rooms are very clean, & the rates are the most reasonable in the area. Parking is secure, & the staff cares about the safety of their guests. We extend our warmest thanks to the owner & staff at the Red Roof Inn for your hospitality during our stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julia E
Jay K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Julia,