“Fun to work out”

Red Lerille's Health & Raquet Club
More attraction details
Owner description: The south's oldest and largest health and racquet club keeping the people of Lafayette, LA healthy for over 50 years. Red's facilities include: 2 large co-ed work-out areas, ladies only workout area, 20 outdoor and 3 indoor tennis courts, 4 racquetball courts, junior olympic outdoor pool, 2 indoor pools, kids water park, basketball court, MIT (maximum intensity training) facility, indoor and outdoor jogging tracks, indoor and outdoor bootcamp courses, and more.
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I believe visitors can pay a "trial" entrance fee for the day. It will include indoor and outdoor pools, small water park, and the usual (or maybe not so usual) work out equipment and classes. There are several different places to use a wide variety of exercise equipment. Staff is readily available if you have any questions. Hungry after swimming or working out? There is a snack bar/grill with tasty, healthy meal options, as well as a coffee shop upstairs. Indoor and outdoor tennis courts, running tracks, full basketball gym, racketball courts, an outdoor "boot camp" experience, and locker rooms round out the experience. Love this place. Will remain a member for as long as I possibly can.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Red's is a huge gym in Lafayette. I joined for a few months and then I went back to Lafayette Health Club because I don't like having hundreds of people working out around me. I started taking plates off of an abandoned leg press machine once and when I was almost done a guy who had been talking to someone looked over and said "Hey, I'm using that". But, it has everything and ton's of everything. Even a pool with a water slide for kids. The men's dry sauna faces the men's showers which is totally weird. I'm giving it a 4 rating because it is a really nice place. It's just not my cup of tea. I prefer LHC because I workout during the day and there's never more than 10-12 people.

2  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I travel frequently and still have not found another gym with the square footage and quality equipment as Reds. He really has done a fantastic job diversifying the gym over the years to meet everyone's interest.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

The club is huge, one of the biggest in the country. I love the fitness classes, especially Zumba.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Red's is more than just a gym, getting a one day pass is well worth the nominal cost, the gym offers 3 pools year round, male, female and family workout rooms, sauna's hot tub, ice tubs, classes galore and most for free, spinning, yoga, medicine ball, everything. The only negative about the gym is the one time membership cost, which I think is on the high side at 350.00, the monthly cost is quite reasonable for everything that you get at 60.00 and of course the day pass is worth it especially if you take advantage of everything that the gym offers.