“Great Visit”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The lobby was very clean and the people working behind the desk were very friendly. Our room was clean, the beds were comfortable, Would be nice if the TV would swivel. The bathroom is nice just wish they had a towel rack. The breakfast is good. Wish they had a microwave to warm up the pastries. Love the waffles and the lady working there is so friendly and she kept everything filled. We did use the pool and the water was clean and the area around the pool was well kept up. My only problem with the pool area is that there were 2 men sitting in the pool area drinking beer and smoking. They used a luggae rack to carry their ice chest. I mentioned this to the lady when we checked out and she said as long as it was not glass bottles that they can drink around the pool. I do not think that should be allowed but that will not stop us from staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear crjrsj41082,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm very glad that you enjoyed your visit. Our staff thrives on delivering exceptional guest service with a clean and friendly environment. I will share your kind words with the rest of our team. It's always great to get positive feedback. We will certainly take your comments into consideration regarding the TV swivel and microwave in the breakfast area. I apologize that your otherwise enjoyable pool experience was somewhat interrupted by the individuals you mentioned. We will take a closer look at our pool area policies, as well. Have a wonderful Fourth of July weekend and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location and walking distance to food. The place must be brand new. Nice rooms, very nice beds and sitting area with play space for the baby. we enjoyed the nice pool and hot breakfast before leaving. We will return.

• Stayed: May 2014
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Beth A,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure taking are of you and the little one. There is certainly no shortage of great restaurants in Lafayette. I'm glad you were able to enjoy a couple of them during your visit, as well as our pool. Have a great summer and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights and had a great experience. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Here's the breakdown of the excellent and the ever-so-slightly less than excellent -

The excellent: firm but comfortable bed, lots of towels in the bath, lots of lamps, tons of electrical outlets (much more than I've ever seen in a hotel room, but great to have), friendly staff, and everything was super clean - rooms, halls, breakfast area, lobby.

The ever-so-slightly less than excellent: (1) breakfast was very good, lots of choices, but you only had a single meat choice. I'm not a fan of ham/Canadian bacon, so maybe put out some bacon or sausage with that to round out the meat selection. The scrambled eggs seem to be of the powdered variety (seems like many hotels have this kind). And since you're in the south, how about some real grits instead of the add boiling water kind? (2) TV - it was a small flat-screen, maybe 27-32 inch and it didn't swivel so that you could see it nicely from the bed or from the couch. Definitely needs an upgrade to both the size and the swivel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank dcraw999
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear dcraw999,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay at the Comfort Suites - Oil Center. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly share your kind words regarding our rooms, staff and cleanliness with the rest of our team. I also thank you for giving us valuable feedback about the areas we can improve upon. We will certainly take your breakfast suggestions into consideration. You are correct about the fact that some of our TV's do not swivel. We will be looking to solve this issue in the near future. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and I understand there is always room for improvement. Once again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I travel all around the state every week for years with my job. This is one of the best places I've stayed at. VERY clean. Very nice. Super friendly people. Kudos to James at night. Always calls me by name. Fixes my bill to my corporate rate before I even check in. All the staff are very friendly. Brought my wife there once and she was also very impressed with the cleanliness of the place and the service from James. Breakfast is good, just wish they had bacon more often and a microwave to heat the pastries. If I'm anywhere around this area, it is definitely my first choice to stay here. And I'm on the road 3-5 nights a week every week. Just make your reservations early because they do tend to fill up.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and are about the same. Only thing is, if you plan to sleep late, get a room at t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Charles,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your experiences at our property. My staff and I take great pride in delivering service beyond expectations to our guests. I will certainly make sure James is recognized for his efforts and will definitely take your breakfast suggestions into consideration. It has been a pleasure taking care of you during your many visits to Lafayette and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Being probably the only person without an driving licence and staying for a long duration of 6 weeks, Comfort Suite offered to bring me to and back from work daily. I was astonished by their great hospitality and goodwill despite the fact that they have only one shuttle vehicle. The staffs took turns to drive me every morning/afternoon over a period of more than 30 days without complain. On some busy days, when they are down on manpower, the manager himself will come and fetch me! This truly shown how good their service were.
Breakfast were always fresh and tasty.
Room service always is done up nicely with new sheets and towels.
Staffs are extremely friendly not just at the front desk but everywhere else.
Gym is well maintained and clean.
Even received a souvenir pack from the manager (Daniel) and team during my last day of stay.
Would like to take this opportunity to thank them so much and would greatly recommend anyone else to stay in this hotel for sure!
Would love to come back to this hotel as and when if I have the chance to travel to Lafayette again.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms on the extreme right after exiting from the lift, there is stairs and shortcut exit t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Mr. Chiam,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was truly a pleasure taking care of you during your extended visit to Lafayette. My staff and I take great pride in delivering service beyond expectations to our guests. I will most certainly share your comments with everyone here. I wish you the best of luck with your new job and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed at hotel for two weeks and cannot begin to compliment the staff enough. Everyone was very friendly, knowledgable, accomodating and helpful. Everyone went above and beyond to ensure that I was comfortable. The facilities are extremely clean and very well maintained. All Choice hotels could use this facility as their example for true hospitality management. The equipment in the gym was well maintained as well as all the other facilities.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
AFGros, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Than you Mark F from Michigan! We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you visit Cajun Country!

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The evening and morning hotel front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was good and restocked frequently. The rooms were large enough and comfortable. A bit far off I-10 but worth the extra few miles. Good value.

Stayed: March 2014

Hi Jenn, thank you for going the extra mile to find us during your recent visit to Lafayette. Yes, we are a little hard to find, but we think we are worth the effort also! We have some terrific employees who love what they do! We hope to see you again soon!