“Clean, Comfortable and Convienent”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We had a family member in a Lafayette hospital and needed a place to stay for a few days to be nearby. I was pleasantly surprised by the large, clean rooms, comfortable beds and really nice(free) hot breakfasts. I hadn't stayed at a Comfort Suits before and asked my sister if they were ALL this nice? I found the price for the room VERY reasonable. The location was about a mile from the hospital, a few blocks from a Farmer's Market and sits just behind a Chili's Restaurant. Very centrally located, just off of one of the main streets in Lafayette.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
AFGros, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Hi TNN1991, Thank you for choosing our Comfort Suites during your stay in Lafayette. I hope your family member is home and doing well after their recent hospital stay. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Lafayette!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Met at the door when we arrived and escorted to our transport when we left. We were only there for the one night of a two week road trip but were treated as friends, nothing was too much trouble, rooms and breakfast excellent.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dimani
AFGros, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

People do say that Southern hospitality can't be beat and I am so glad that we gave you a little taste of that when you were passing thru Cajun Country. Please come back and stay a little longer. Our Mardi Gras and Festivals are family friendly and something to experience! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Everything from making reservation (directly), checking in, on through check out was just exactly what I'd hoped for. Easy! Very clean, well appointed room, lovely bed, great free hot breakfast. Really... just what I needed it to be. Will stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear SusanD,
Thank you for staying with us in November. My staff and I work really hard to make sure you have all the amenities of home when you are away from home! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Nice check-in staff. A great hotel to get some laundry done. The staff was happy to help with change for the machines. The room was big, had a nice soft bed and had both a fridge and a microwave. The breakfast was great. A very clean, nice and quiet hotel with great parking. Unfortunately the pool was closed for the season when we were there, but it looked nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
AFGros, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Robin from Sweden, thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. You were a long way from home and I am happy that my staff made you feel welcome and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you will visit again during swim weather so you can take advantage of our great pool area!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very nice accommodations for the price. A friendly and helpful staff. On this stay I was in my usual King Suite situated by the end of the hallway next to the stairs. I noticed all night the stairway door closing a lot. At some point I got on the elevator and discovered it was out of order. That's why all the noise by the stairs and no sign posted on 2nd floor alerting that elevator broken. When I came back the next day elevator was fixed. That is the first problem I've had here and I've stayed here 6 times in the last month. The only other negative. They don't have coffee 24 hours like most places. Of course you can make the coffee in your room if you like it.
Overall a great place and I will continue to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hi Mr. Jim, thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. Yes, our darn elevator went down for a short while, it is difficult when your one and only elevator has issues! Luckily it doesn't happen very often!! I also wanted you to know we have 24 hour coffee in our breakfast area - I am sorry my staff has not informed you where it is located....I'll make sure we show you next time you visit...I know it handy to have coffee all day and night! We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here one night on a 21 night road trip. The hotel is fairly new. We had a AAA rate of $89. We got their last room which was a 2 queen suite. The room was fine for 2 people but would be tight for 4 people. Room was small and beds close together. Good restaurants are within walking distance. Hotel is a 20 minute drive from I 10 with heavy traffic and narrow roads.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We are glad that we were able to offer you one of our double queen suites at that great rate and that you were brave enough to tackle our city traffic! Sometimes it is a challenge to get thru the city at certain times of the day! We are thankful that our location offers several top rated restaurants within walking distance. I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel seems pretty new and in good condition. It was hard to see past the service shortfalls though. I arrived after 3pm, hotel states checkin is at 2pm. They had to confirm if my room was clean and ready for me. They said it was. I went to the room and they were just starting to clean. I then returned to the front desk and asked them to let me know when the room was ready. After approx 20 minutes I went back to the desk to inquire. Amazingly when I told them I was going to move to another hotel, another king room became available, another 5 minutes and I had a key.

The next part really put me off, there were too women at the desk, the original who helped me who was new but trying hard and another more experienced person. The more experienced apologized and then said the other lady was new, implying that was the issue, don't blame the other person for the cleaning staff not having the room ready and giving the front desk bad info. That seems like trying to make a really lame excuse.

When I returned the the hotel the next day after work, approx 4pm. My room had not yet been serviced for the day. I gave up and put the do not disturb on the door. Seems like they are really slow at cleaning the rooms for guests.

This is a really nice hotel in a good location, but the staff is not yet up to the challenge. Hopefully there is improvement, but I won't be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bnelson77

I am so sorry that you didn't have a positive experience with our staff members during your stay. I have shared your experience with my team in hopes that they learn from your comments. We strive to offer our guests exceptional service and we didn't deliver that service to you. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to make things right with you and offer you a great stay during your next visit to the Lafayette area.