“Nice Hotel, Disappointed in Service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Baltimore
“Nice Hotel, Disappointed in Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel seems pretty new and in good condition. It was hard to see past the service shortfalls though. I arrived after 3pm, hotel states checkin is at 2pm. They had to confirm if my room was clean and ready for me. They said it was. I went to the room and they were just starting to clean. I then returned to the front desk and asked them to let me know when the room was ready. After approx 20 minutes I went back to the desk to inquire. Amazingly when I told them I was going to move to another hotel, another king room became available, another 5 minutes and I had a key.

The next part really put me off, there were too women at the desk, the original who helped me who was new but trying hard and another more experienced person. The more experienced apologized and then said the other lady was new, implying that was the issue, don't blame the other person for the cleaning staff not having the room ready and giving the front desk bad info. That seems like trying to make a really lame excuse.

When I returned the the hotel the next day after work, approx 4pm. My room had not yet been serviced for the day. I gave up and put the do not disturb on the door. Seems like they are really slow at cleaning the rooms for guests.

This is a really nice hotel in a good location, but the staff is not yet up to the challenge. Hopefully there is improvement, but I won't be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bnelson77
AFGros, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I am so sorry that you didn't have a positive experience with our staff members during your stay. I have shared your experience with my team in hopes that they learn from your comments. We strive to offer our guests exceptional service and we didn't deliver that service to you. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to make things right with you and offer you a great stay during your next visit to the Lafayette area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed overnight while in town for a ball tournament. The hotel was very nice. The rooms were very clean, the hotel was like new. There is a restaurant in the parking lot, which is great! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I hope that your entire team had the same experience during your tournament. We enjoy hosting groups that are compete at fine athletic parks that we have to offer in the Lafayette area. I hope that you will choose Comfort Suites Oil Center next time you are playing ball or just visiting!
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

While staying a few days in Lafayette with work. My Suburban fuel pump went out. The front desk suggested Dave's Car Care down the street. Dave's was able to get my in out with in a few hours, so I could continue working. The hotel staff was very helpful and understanding to let me stay in my room after check out time. I will be back to stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rvmccool58
I am so glad we could help you out with your car trouble. Dave's has been great to our business and our guests! I hope you made it home safe and sound and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Lafayette!
Bures-sur-Yvette, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

While somewhat hard to find (GPS could not find the street adress) the hotel is great. We were on one of our yearly roads trips and are picky about hotels. This one was perfect, we like the location close to restaurants, the really nce humengous rooms (although why such a small bathroom when the room is so big?) with beautiful contemporary decoration. The staff was nice, super friendly and really efficient, with adivices on the area as we needed them and non of the non personal attitude you can find in this kind of hotels.
We loved our stay in Lafayette and it was also thanks to this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing our property during your stay in Lafayette. I know you were a long way from home and we hope that we made you feel like part of our family with our friendly staff. Safe travels...we hope to see you again!
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was somewhat hard to see from the road, so we missed it the first time through. When we found it we liked it exterior. Entering the lobby everything appeared well kept and clean. The pool was nice. The breakfast room was large and clean. The breakfast service was good. But the next morning we discovered what looked like dried blood on the toilet and let the front desk know about the problem. they said they would take care of it, but they seemed to not care. They could of at least cleaned the stain even if they didn't think it was blood! Everyone else thinks blood is a biohazard , but obviously this hotels management hasn't gotten the message. If we had the time we would have changed hotels.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gilbert D
afgros59, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I am very sorry you had a problem during your recent stay at our award winning property. Once i was notified of the problem i imediately went to check on the situation and found that the discolration you saw was in fact not blood at all but just our pink colored cleaning solution mixing with some rust that was on the hinge bolt of the lid. I perferctly understand your concern but can assure you it was not blood, but an off color of rust. As soon as the maintenance person found out he went up and replaced all parts involved with the problem. Once again we thank you for patronage, understanding and taking the time to let us know about issues with our property.
Phuket, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Unfortunately the internet was not so god, slow and need to login to some website to get internet just is bad, then its not easy to keep connected with ones, phones, laptops and pads.

Other than this, it was a good stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
afgros59, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thsnk you so much for your feedback. i am very sorry you had such a problem with our wireless, normally everything functions fine, but on a very few occasions when our property is full and because of the location of the hotel we do suffer so minor problems. I will contact our internet provider and see if there is anything at all we can do. This will help you on hopefully your next stay with us as well as other furure guests. Once again Thank you so much for your response and help.
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed here one night during a road trip. Staff was excellent! Clean hotel and nice furnishings. I really enjoyed the morning breakfast with lots of yummy items. During our drive to the hotel I was very worried, but knew about the other reviews. As others mentioned in previous reviews, it is a little out of the way from the main highway but worth it. You have to drive thru a less-than-attractive part of town to get there but the area it is located in is much nicer than the drive there. GPS took me down 167, but take 90 instead it is a little better. There are also lots of restaurants in the area.

2 Thank nituac
afgros59, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Howdy friends from Sugarland! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your short but sweet trip, and I'm glad everyone loved breakfast! We do our best to have a large variety of breakfast choices for kids and adults, and many guests enjoy the convenience of having a Chili's adjacent to our parking lot in addition to many great Cajun restaurants nearby. We hope to see you when you come through Louisiana again!