“After being in a New Orelans hotel for two nights....this was a breath of heaven!!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Lebo
Reviewed October 24, 2012

As a tour director, I was at this facility with our group on October 6 & 7. We were warmly greeted, luggage was quickly delivered to our rooms, and the rooms were very nice! Every one of the tour group members was very complimentary of their rooms...no complaints at all.

Only small issue was Sunday morning breakfast. It did not seem like they were quite ready and it took them a while to get ready. Monday morning's experience was much better!

Really a delightful say! Thanks to everyone at the facility for an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CHazen
afgros59, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
We enjoyed hosting you and your group. I apologize that we were a little behind the 8 ball for breakfast your first morning with us and am happy we made the adjustment on your second day! We strive to provide exceptional service every day and look forward to your future stays with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
HOUSTON,TEXAS
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Pros: very clean, almost no damage to carpet, furniture, curtains, etc.
very quiet, reasonable price
Cons:Second bed is VERY close to the a.c. vent.

This is a relatively new facility but still appears to be pristine. Good location away from traffic.
A great deal for the $.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katmelina
Thank you for your feedback regarding the location of the AC unit to the bed. We are working on finding a solution to that dilema and I appreciate you bringing that to our attention. We hope to see you again when you are visiting the Lafayette!
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We only had one night at this hotel unfortunately. They welcomed us with nibbles and wine/beer and soft drinks which was a lovely gesture. The staff and manager were very helpful and hospitable. The room was great - the most spacious we had on tour. The hotel is only 12 months old and everything looks like new. The beds were a little high but ever so comfortable.The breakfast was also good. Unfortunately being on a coach tour we were unable to use the pool as our time was limited. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
afgros59, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for your review! We really enjoyed hosting you and your group. We love to greet our groups with an individualized welcome reception and enjoy meeting people from all over the world! Maybe your next trip will be a little longer and you will have that opportunity to enjoy our pool area. Hope to see you again and happy travels to you!
Cleburne, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel is an example of how, despite doing many things well, failing to deliver on just one critical item can ruin a guest's experience.

I booked this hotel based upon the many positive reviews posted here. My stay was short, only six hours. I stayed here to take a rest break on a trip: from midnight to 6AM. Here begins my tale of woe...

Upon entering the room, I found that it had a strong odor of some chemical air freshener. As I was tired, and only planned to be there for a few hours, I decided to live with the annoying odor. Sadly, about 1:30 AM I awoke feeling nauseous from the smell. I called the front desk and asked for another room, which they provided. It had a similar odor, but not as strong, so I changed rooms (at about 1:45AM). Rest was apparently not for me this night, as I awoke again from the odor at about 3AM. I again called the front desk, hoping to find some relief, but none was forthcoming.

I made it through a fitful night, getting very little sleep. At checkout, I spoke with a different person, calling their attention to the difficulties I had experienced with the chemicals they spray into their rooms. She commented, " You must have been allergic.." and said, unconvincingly, "I'm sorry." No further concern was evidenced.

My experience was particularly disappointing, as this chain makes a big deal of providing 'non-smoking' rooms, going so far as to post signs boasting about the indoor air quality of their rooms. Here's a news flash: good indoor air quality means NO odors, not only should it be free of cigarette smoke, but also free of other chemical odors!

To be fair, the hotel was fine in all other respects. The rooms were clean and well-appointed, the property was well-kept, parking was readily available, the beds were comfortable (I got to try two, remember?), the pillows were nice, etc. However, the one thing they got wrong ruined my stay BECAUSE I DID NOT GET A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
afgros59, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear ddthomas,
I am so sorry that your experienence during your recent stay did not live up to your expectations.
We use a national chemical company for all of our cleaning products and I know that some people are a more sensative to those odors than others. I have shared your experience with my housekeeping staff and have asked them to limit their use of our air freshner in the rooms because of the sensitivity to some of our guests such as yourself. I am sorry that my front desk associate was not more helpful in solving your issue. I would love the opportunity to serve you in the future if you give us the opportunity. We appreciate your business and want to see you back again.If you would like to discuss your stay with me, please feel free to call on me at any time at 337-456-8390.
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Staff were very friendly, the outdoor pool was great. Free parking and the breakfast was nice. The room was very spacious. My wife being just over 5 feet tall could only just get on the bed without a " leg up" it was so far from the floor.the only negative comment was, the coffee maker was next to the w/c in the bathroom "yuk!" I moved it to the table next to the sofa which seemed a logical place where the ice bucket should have been too. Would definately use again. Please move the coffee makers.

• Stayed September 2012
London
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here one night prior to catching a flight out of the nearby Lafayette airport. It turned out to be a nice clean hotel with comfortable rooms and beds - just what we needed.

The breakfast was your standard buffet option but there was plenty of choice. Staff were friendly and polite. Special mention goes to the pool which was a decent size and clean.

These suites-style hotels can be a bit hit and miss but this is definitely a solid hit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Moss Bluff, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The property is very clean. The staff is helpful and nice. Fast friendly service. The building smells clean, and looks great. The food in the breakfast area is great. Can't beat a free hot breakfast. Beds are nice and pillows are very very soft. I rather firm but it worked.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family