“Wonderful staff”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The room was large and clean. I believe the carpet was new. The pool was sparkling clean and away from traffic.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa G
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

We appreciate your feedback. My staff and I are happy you enjoyed our facilities. Our pool will be cool and clean all summer - come see us again this summer and grill poolside during your next visit! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I chose this hotel because it was highly rated on TripAdvisor and it did not disappoint. I am very happy with my stay and will stay there again if ever in the area. The beds, comforter and pillows were so awesome that I wanted to take them home. I was very pleased with the free breakfast buffet ( be sure to try the strawberry waffles). Good value.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank crazypinklizard
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for your review. My employees and I do our best to make sure that our guests enjoy a clean comfortable room and a great breakfast. Hope to see you again soon.....and next time try the Chocolate waffles too....yum!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Hotel is very well maintained, rooms are spacious and decor pleasant. Was quoted a fair rate compare to competitors. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The stay would have been perfect but on the fifth night after being out all day handling some mentally draining family matters. We arrived back at the room to find out it had not been cleaned. It was totally missed. I went to the desk and informed the receptionist. She fell all over herself apologizing and asking what could be done. She offered a discount and fresh towels but I really wanted a clean room. She located a vacant room across the haul and allowed us to move.Since we had been in the room for four days it was a challenge to move everything but it was the best she could do. All and all it was OK but I was surprised I received no communications from the Manager apologizing for this matter.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
afgros59, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2012

Thank you so much for taking time out to wite a review. I was actually the person you spoke to the evening you had a problem with your room. I was filling in for an ill employee that evening. I am so sorry that you experienced a housekeeping issue and apologize that I was the only person on duty the evening you retuned to your room. I did address the housekeeping issue to my employees to make sure that it does not happen again. We strive to provide the highest customer service for our guests and we failed you during your stay. I do hope that when you visit the Lafayette area again in the future, that you will allow us to give you the service and attention you so deserve.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We came to Lafayette after a week in the French Quarter and two nights in Biloxi, MS. We found the Comfort Suites-Oil Center in our AAA book, callled them and headed that direction. We had a nice, large room with couch and large flatscreen, which we couldn't figure out how to turn towards couch? $89 rate with hot breafast was hard to beat and this place is fairly new. Looked and smellled nice. In fact, my son and his wife are staying there this week.

Bathroom was nice, good shower/tub, king bed, view of back of hotel grass, tree area. Breakfast had usual assortment of breads, juices, rolls, coffee and scrambled eggs (powdered?) with ham one morning and sausage the next. Staff was very helpful. I would stay again or recommend, which I already have.

Room Tip: Right off highway a few blocks and lots of other chains and restuarants in area.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jq
afgros59, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Hi jq from Sacramento, CA! Thanks for your review. I am so happy that the Oil Center didn't scare you and you braved the area to come visit us! The Oil Center of Lafayette is where the Oil Industry started off here in Lafayette. We are surrounded by corporate offices of some of the worlds largest oil companies. We are very lucky to be in the hub of Lafayette and service the oil industry. As you have seen there is shopping, restaurants and tourist attractions within minutes of the hotel. We thank you so much for recommending our property to others! We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed here on April 24, 2012 and everything was just as the other reviews said; marvelous! The staff is the BEST! Listen to our story and you will agree. We were traveling from Florida to Houston,Texas, to a series of medical appointments. About 5:30 p.m. on 4/24, we had an auto accident in Lafayette and our car was damaged too badly to drive. Here we were, far from home, with medical appointments beginning late the next day in Houston. We had the car towed to Comfort Suites Oil Center and spent the night. The next day the manager, Anne Gros, graciously agreed to let us leave our car in the parking lot although the Festival Internactional de Louisiane was that weekend. Not only did she say we could leave the car there from Tuesday till Friday, but she kept the keys to the car so that the insurance adjuster could evaluate it. Another staff member, Chante Boudreax, made a reservation for a rental car for us. Then Anne took us to the rental car agency at the airport in her own car. The staff at the Comfort Suites Oil Center treated us like FAMILY! Our automobile insurance agency...not so much. Thank you Anne & staff! We'll go out of our way to stay with you.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

I am so happy that you have made it home safe and sound and that the news from your medical appoints was just what you were hoping for.I enjoyed meeting both of you and taking special care of you both when you were here. You had such a positive outlook of your situation and I admired the way you took everything in stride. I look forward to your future visits . Please consider the Comfort Suites Oil Center your new home away from home and my staff and I your Lafayette family.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

The room was extremely clean. The breakfast was excellent. It's a little tricky to get to, but well worth it. The staff was very helpful and friendly, especially the breakfast staff. Would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jblb4

Thank you for taking time to review our property. I love to share all the comments on TripAdvisor with my staff. I know they appreicate the acknowledgement of their performances and we all need the feedback to continue to provide excellent service to our guests.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

For the money this was a great deal. Our room was very clean, large, decorated nicely and the bed was comfortable. Our room and the motel in general was clean and well maintained. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. My husband enjoyed the pool, a little too cold for me. The breakfast had a large assortment and was good. We would stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple