“Great Property , Great Area”

SpringHill Suites Lafayette South at River Ranch
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Oklahoma City
“Great Property , Great Area”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

The Springhill Suites sets just a block from a very upscale area in Lafayette. The hotel appears to be very new and all the decor from lobby to room is trendy. The hotel is close a variety of shopping and restaurants but none really within walking distance. The area appears very safe and I didn't give it a second thought when I had to retrieve a couple of items from my car at 2am. Rooms are spacious with very comfortable beds and plenty of pillows. Big flat screen TV, Wet bar and fridge are nice ammenities along with a good sized sitting area and desk. Plenty of room for me when I travel on business but would be adequate even if I had my family with me. My favorite feature had to be the glass wall shower. Great added touch of class. Only two complaints on my week long stay. Walls are very thin, about like what you'd find on most tents. That being said, it didn't keep me from sleeping great. The other complaint was the continental breakfast. Even compared to the admittedly "average" breakfasts I'm accustomed to at Hampton's, the offerings were very weak. Basically cereal, fruit, bagels and coffee. First morning I just went with an apple and the rest of the week the I decided the dollar menu at McD's was a lot more appealing. Overall though I'd still stay here. You feel like you are staying in an upscale area, the staff is very polite and professional and it's a great value for the price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank TJonPetty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Lake Charles
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Recently I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a 3 day business trip. From the original call for the reservation I experienced a welcome friendly feeling from everyone involved. The reservation was made by a nice woman who was patient, courteous and professional. She gave me driving directions and was able to answer all my other questions. When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by friendly staff who acted like they were glad I was there! The parking was right outside the door, the room and amenities
were fabulous. Microwave and refrigerator were included, couch, all new hotel with soothing green colors. The free full buffet breakfast was unexpected but greatly appreciated. There was shopping and restaurants right around the corner. The hotel was located in a great area so I felt safe and it was very clean. A comfortable bed, nice pillows, clean carpets and a big screen TV completed the package. Great hotel and I advise everyone to stay there while in Lafayette.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DebbieLakeCharles
FLORIDA
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We had a mid size group opening a new location for our company and the SpringHill Suites was the perfect location. Rooms are clean, bright, spacious and comfortable. From the manager to the cleaning staff everyone went out of their way to make sure the group was taken care of. There are no complaints from this group and kudos to Simone she has been the most attentitive sales manager I have worked with.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank REDHEADSPOT
Louisiana
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My family enjoyed this new hotel near business and shopping districts. Very clean lobby and rooms with friendly staff. We slept 5 very comfortably with the fold out sofa. Our room had only one television, but did include a small refrigerator under a counter area near the room door. This hotel has a modern, sleek look with lots of comfortable seating in the lobby. We didn't have time for use of the pool. Breakfast offering was modest, but good, with hot scrambled eggs, sausages, waffles, bagels, English muffins and fresh fruit. Personally, I would have preferred stainless flatware and real plates to plastic and Styrofoam. This hotel is in a quiet neighborhood setting, so no noise to speak of. Many restaurants within walking distance or short drive.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed December 20, 2011

We stayed at this hotel over the thanksgiving weekend we were there 5 days, the hotel was nice and clean, The rooms are big they have a nice bedroom area and a nice living room area with big TV, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker witch was nice, the only thing not so good was the clothes storage area there was only one small dresser under the TV. It was only two drawers I had to put my suite case on the stand and did not have any room to take my clothes out of the suite case. The bathroom although nice was large and yes the shower also leaked all over the floor the bath room mat was soaked and the water on the floor had to be wiped up. The breakfast was nice they had oatmeal, cereal and muffins and toast, the eggs were to be desired not too good they had frozen fruit also and waffles that you can make that was good. But overall customer service was good anything we asked for was basically taken care of.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and the view was of the town but it looks like all the rooms would have a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Our family stayed two nights as part of a wedding group. The hotel is brand new and the details are still being worked out. Our room was spacious, but the floorplan of the bathroom is mystifying - lots of wasted space (and the shower door leaked). In a town like Lafayette where you have to work to find a bad meal - the breakfast was completely disappointing. Bland, institutional food with do-it-yourself service. The highlight for the kiddos was the waffle maker. I did use the gym which was very well situated with a view of the outdoor pool, stocked with towels, several tvs, good equipment and a water cooler. The best feature of the hotel is its staff. These are friendly, hard-working folks who made us feel welcome and valued at every opportunity.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
San Bernardino, California
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We spent three nights at the Springhill Suites at River Ranch. The hotel is new, clean, and modern. The rooms were spacious and well decorated. The bathroom shower is large, but there's no bathtub. The location is excellent, and the rooms were quiet.

However, for a city famous for its fantastic food, the breakfast offerings were a disappointment. Even by Springhill standards. So stay and enjoy, but eat somewhere else - there are so many good choices in Lafayette.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family