“Homewood Suites in the Home of Acadiana.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I made the long trip to Lafayette, Louisiana in the heart of Acadiana, from my home in southwestern Indiana, to attend my oldest son's wedding. When I received the invitation to the wedding, the invitation contained recommendations on four local hotels. There was nothing wrong with the other 3 hotels. I had used all of them before at some time, but as soon as I saw Homewood Suites, that was all I needed to see. Whenever I travel and have the opportunity to stay at a Homewood Suites, I always take advantage of it. The facilities are always unique in appearance, and consistently have high quality appurtenances. There is always a complimentary breakfast that is well-prepared and presented, has a nice variety, and the coffee is excellent. The hotel staff is always friendly, cheerful, and easily found when needed. The best part for me is there is this whole package available at Homewood Suites, and the cost for this package is very reasonable. The more I travel, the more reasonable the cost of the Homewood Suites becomes. When I realize how important all of these details are to a profitable, comfortable, and thoroughly enjoyable trip; then I see that the cost of a stay at this wonderful hotel is very reasonable for me.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you so much Bill W for being a loyal guest of the Homewood Suites brand. We certainly appreciate your recent visit with us and your kind remarks regarding your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you had such a great visit to our city and that we could be part of that experience. We hope that you will come back and see us during your next visit.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I had never stayed at a Homewood Suites property before, but gravitated to this one since it was #1 on TripAdvisor. Everything was lovely. The desk attendant (at 11pm) was welcoming and professional.... the lobby was lovely..... and my room was beautiful and clean, clean, clean!! The next morning, breakfast was far nicer than I've come to expect at any "breakfast included" hotel. The attending staff was really on their toes keeping everything replenished and 'bussed.' This review doesn't even sound like me because I'm pretty picky - but..... kudos!

Like the reviewer before me, I initially called the wrong Homewood Suites - the link at the top of this specific page is wrong!

Room Tip: I was in a suite where the 'main Hall' turned the corner - it was huge!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you so much Susan M for sharing your recent experience with us. We are so glad that you chose to try us out and enjoyed it so much. We really do have a great staff here and it's so great to here others say it as well. We hope that your future travels will bring you back our way. And don't worry about that link issue, we've got that taken care of so you should have no issue booking through tripadvisor. Thank you much for being a valued guest of the Homewood Suites Lafayette.

SIncerely,

Reviewed January 15, 2014

The hotel was very nice, however a computer problem ruined our stay. Our room keys stopped working, and we had to wait half a day before we could get back in our room. This caused us to be late for the event we were in town for (in fact we almost missed it).

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Hello Dennis,

Please accept my sincerest apology for the delay in reprogramming your keys. Rest assured that your comments have not been taken lightly and please know that I've met with my team to ensure that a similar incident does not repeat the next time computer challenges arise. I am very sorry that it caused you to miss your transportation. Please come back next time your travel brings you to our area. I am confident that on a repeat visit you will be reminded of the quality and service that you have come to expect.

Warmest regards,

Ken Ritter

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I travel a great deal both domestically and internationally and this hotel is probably the best quality to value place I have found. that would be so even without the complimentary meals and gym. I have just started my travels to Lafayette and will be returning monthly; this will be my hotel of choice despite all the options available. The internet worked flawlessly and was easy to log into. The suite with the kitchen perfect. This hotel offers more than could possibly have been expected. The service and staff are very good as well. Book early is my only warning.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you so much Richard C for being a loyal guest and telling the world how incredibly awesome we are. We are so glad to have you as a valued guest. And for those of you reading, please take Mr. Richard's comment to book early seriously. Word has gotten around about our hotel and we tend to fill up quickly during the week. Not only does booking early help gaurantee an available room but it also helps us to better prepare for your arrival.
Thank you again Mr. C for staying with us, we hope to see you next time around.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel one night on our way back from Florida. The room and furnishings were all new, and the lobby was beautiful with a huge Christmas tree. The beds were very comfortable and we all really enjoyed the stay after driving hundreds of miles. My only complaint is that a noisy family was above us and we could hear them stomping and yelling for at least an hour at 11:30 at night. We did not complain, but I've seen others suggest getting a room on the top floor. We should have done that. Aside from that, this was a nice enough hotel I would still recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you so much Suendanny for staying with us and taking the time to let the world know about your stay with us. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the furnishings of the room. We are just over two years old now and still doing our best to keep up that new hotel feeling. I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience of the noise from the room above you. Our staff is trained to handle such complaints very efficiently and discretely. We want every guest to be 100% satisfied with their stay. I hope your ventures bring you back our way.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel was so nice! My husband has stayed in Homewood Suites during business trips and said how nice they were. When we knew we were going to stay in Lafayette, and we saw that this was #1 on TripAdvisor, it was a no-brainer for us. The only glitch, and I had to admit this, but I accidently booked us at the Homewood Suites in Lafayette, IN. I had no idea until I went in to check in and the guy said he couldn't find us in the system. He asked me to look up my confirmation email and sure enough, I had clicked on the same Indiana site. He said it happens ALL the time, so the only reason I'm sharing this experience is so that everyone is more careful when they book.

If you stay from a Monday - Thursday, they provide a full dinner meal. The night we were there it was Cajun pork tenderloin, rice and beans, cornbread, and salad. They also provide a free, full breakfast as well. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and it was so nice to have that extra room. For a great room and two full meals, and the price being under $150 w/tax, that was a great deal.

My kids were a bit disappointed that the pool was outside. We were there in December so it was too cold to swim. The hot tub was occupied by very loving couple so we decided not to venture outside.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us, Ann S. We are so glad that you were pleased with the hotel and the amenities we offer. I am sorry that the weather wasn't warmer so that you could have enjoyed the outdoor amenities as well. I certainly hope that you will come back and see us again soon. We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The Homewood Suites in Lafayette, Louisiana, has one of the most attractive interiors of any hotel in which I have stayed. The dining area, hallways, and guest rooms were very attractive. The bright greens in the rooms lifted my spirit.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience with the Homewood Suites Lafayette. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the decor of the hotel. We try our best to keep up that brand new hotel look. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope your travels bring you back our way.