“New and Clean Place in Lafayette” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Dallas
“New and Clean Place in Lafayette”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed here for two nights on a recent weekend and had a pleasant stay. The hotel is new and clean and the suites are spacious and comfortable. The hotel is near the airport and other amenities on the south side of Lafayette. Ask the desk clerk how to get to Dean-o, which is a nearby restaurant. Crawfish nachos were great. The hotel provides free breakfast but you might want to try one of the nearby bakeries instead. Another thing, this hotel has the lomgest halls that you have ever seen. Lastly, the hotel has an courtyard area with green space and basketball court which looked very nice.

Room Tip: if you care about being near the front desk, be sure to ask for it. If you are at the end of the ha...
1 Thank pxisright
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I sincerely appreciate the feedback and I agree....Deano's is a great place to eat!

Ken Ritter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Rome
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Clean accommodating convenient with friendly staff. Roomy. Family liked it so much that visitors was no problem even though I live in a different state. I stayed there for 6 months the first 3 during surgical recovery and wheelchair accessibility was great even though I refused a handicap room. Everyone was helpful and I was very comfortable. The bakery next door, Poupart, made it even better. Lots of parking and all the amenities at home. The evening meals were fresh and fun and staff for these events were nice....though food so good that they frequently ran out. The worst part of the stay is that except for my sisters or my mothers house, this is the only place I've stayed and actually gained weight

Room Tip: Hazard of travel occasionally you'll get loud groups that party day and night. Happens here too...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello and thanks for the feedback. I'm so glad to hear that your accomodations were clean, roomy, and convenient. You're welcome to move in whenever you'd like!! Homewood Suites were designed for extended stay so it's a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful experience during your six months with us. I'll be sure to share your experience with my team.

Thanks for staying with us and please come back.....Ken
Crownsville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel appears to be very new and everything about it was fantastic during our Super Bowl stay. The rooms are spacious and accomodate larger families and the staff is better than excellent!!! The breakfast facilities and food were top notch as was the sport court and outdoor areas for our kids to play basketball and relax. We had a two hour drive to and from the Super Bowl, and guess what, the romm rates and accomodations could not be beat and were well worth the drive! Would do it over and over again if we travel to the Lafayette and or New Orleans area again!!!! Thanks Homewood Suites Lafayette and Ravens!!!! What a great trip!!!!

1 Thank The_Hustons
Thank you Huston Family! I'm glad to hear that you picked the right team and hotel for the Super Bowl. I will certainly share your experience with my team as they take great pride in ensuring our guests a comfortable and friendly experience. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Thanks,
Millersville, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here for Super Bowl weekend because of the last minute decision. In the end we were glad to be away from the masses while enjoying a suprisingly nice hotel. The hotel was clean and well decorated with comfortable beds. We enjoyed hanging out in the lobby and the sport court area out back.

1 Thank CMoreOutThere
Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. We enjoyed having you as our guest and I appreciate you staying with us and making the drive to the Superbowl in New Orleans. Please come back if you're ever in the Lafayette area.

Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I placed the majority of our wedding guests and half of the wedding party at this hotel. Accomidating does not begin to explain how wonderful these guys were. We used the lobby area as a gathering point before/after the wedding events. They allowed us to have fun without making us feel like we were in the way.
I was making changes to the reservations up until the day of the wedding and they came through for me each time (this was a busy time of the year, there were a number of sports tournaments, etc going on the same weekend).
The front desk treated my guest with such respect -- one couple who stays in Hilton hotels over half the year because of work said this was the most at-home they have ever felt in a hotel.
The hotel is pretty close to the middle of town so it was easy for everyone to get it to. They also had shuttle service to/from the airport.
While I did not use the meeting spaces, I did look at them -- they were a good size and nicely appointed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KatieG958
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hi Katie G,

Congratulations on your wedding! Thank you for allowing us to be part of the occasion. It was a sincere pleasure to host your friends and family and we're grateful for the kind words about our hotel and staff. I wish you many years of happiness and success.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Spent 3 nights at the Homewood Suites in Lafayette. Very nice hotel. Very clean, rooms were nicely furnished. Staff was friendly and helpful.

There is a hot breakfast every morning and a hot dinner every weekday evening. I only ate breakfast there and it was a typically hotel breakfast buffet.

On a previous trip I stayed at the Lafayette Hilton - I won't stay there again. This Hilton property is head and shoulders above the Hilton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hi Vonnie,

Thank you for the positive review about our hotel! I sincerely appreciate you complimenting our property and staff. Please keep us in mind for your return visits to Lafayette. We would love to earn your repeat business.

Thanks again,
Ken
Houma, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the recent pleasure of staying the Homewood Suites over the holidays. I was impressed with the attention to detail that the staff offered - recognizing guests by name and a hot fully course meal each evening, etc. In addition, the General Manager, Mr. Ritter, respond to results from a survey I completed promptly and professionally. This establishment is worthy of consideration by travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I appreciate your comments about our hotel. Please come back the next time your travel brings you to Lafayette. It would be our pleasure to serve you again!