Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA
$139
Residence Inn
$90
Hotels.com
All reviewsgreat hotelwine and beersmall kitchenbasketball courtfull kitchenliving roomhome away from homerooms are spaciousbusiness tripcomplimentary breakfastclose to the airportfront desk staffdefinitely stay here againwafflesthe breakfast areastaff was very friendlynew orleans
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding at the nearby attraction known as Vermilionville. We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite. It was immaculate and looks fresh and new. There was ample space in the living area to sit and visit and the entire suite in large and comfortable.

There also was a wedding party staying here which did concern us because they were on the same floor as we were. However, we did not hear any of the noise we had expected from the group.

This location is not near the interstate, but is very close to dining and shopping options if you have transportation. There are alternatives within walking distance, just not as good. The best places are found along Kaliste Saloom.

This location is close to the airport, but I did not notice air traffic noise.

There were two things which prevent me from giving this hotel 5 stars. One is the breakfast selection was a bit of a disappointment. Selections were not abundant nor were they replenished in a timely manner in what seemed to be an effort to force guests to eat what was on hand and there was some problem with an area near the lobby that forced guest to go through a maze just to reach breakfast. No explanation was given as to why the area was roped off. The other reason was the difficulty in trying to keep the temperature set where everyone was comfortable. One bedroom was too cold while the other was too hot. There is only one thermostat for the entire suite.

I would, without a doubt, stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and have shared your review with my team so that we can continuously improve our service. I appreciate your candid feedback about our breakfast in particular. Homewood Suites takes pride in our breakfast variety so I apologize that the selection was not up to par or replenished as it should have been. Please come back the next time you're in the area. We'd love to have you as our guest again.

Warmest regards,
Ken

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We just returned from a week long trip in Lafayette and I have to say this hotel was fantastic. We had a King bed suite and the room was comfortable, well appointed in decor and the full kitchen was a bonus.

The location is absolutely perfect. Close to the airport and all of the best local restaurants. The staff member told us to check out the Zydeco breakfast at Cafe des Amis on Saturday morning and what a great time we had!

The staff was very friendly and helpful with information not only on great places to eat, things to do, but just to chat with.

The pool area was wonderful with plenty of deck chairs, and a beautiful large gazebo areal with comfy wicker furniture for those that want to be outside, but out of the hot sun.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen P
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thanks for the feedback! We really appreciate your business and thank you for staying with us. I am also glad you were able to enjoy the Zydeco breakfast at Cafe des Amis while visiting our area. Please come back the next time your travel brings you through our area.

Warmest regards.....Ken

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My sister, my son, & I stayed here while in the area due to my mother's illness. The suite was beautiful & we felt very much at home. We were very comfortable & even decided to stay an extra night. The suite has everything you would need with a nice kitchen. I hope to stay here again on my next visit. The staff was very nice & helpful. Breakfast was great, lots of choices!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. I sincerely hope that your mother's health has improved. Please come back the next time you are in the area.

Warmest regards....Ken

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I made reservations complete with confirmation prior to my departure from home and an approaching mandatory evacuation from Hurricane Isaac. As we live near Lower Louisiana's coastal area"s. All was well on check in, but I noticed they were flip flopping on room rates, maybe due to the approaching storm. Feeling secure due to our confirmation reservations we checked in We weathered the storm, waited for roads and power to be restored and checked out on schedule. Wow: My bill was padded almost $300.00. As an honours diamond club member this has never happened before. Sadly, the front desk lady Sheila was not friendly about it either. She was banging her fist on the counter when questioned of this error. She made me call hhonors although it was all confirmed in advance and reluctantly corrected the error and billed the difference of the up charge fir Hurricane nights to honours diamond club. Thanks for your cooperation during a already stressful period.

• Stayed: August 2012
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for your review. I always appreciate hearing from our guests and apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted. Please contact me at 337.264.6044 as I would like to learn more about your experience. In the meantime I have taken your comments to our team to correct the incorrect charges and I sincerely regret the poor experience you received from our staff. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I do hope that you will be our guest again.

Respectfully,

Ken Ritter

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Fabulous property! Stayed here for 5 nights when my mother was in the hospital at Our Lady of Lourdes down the street. It was a wonderful visit. The suited had 2 huge LCD tvs, huge marble bathroom and a kitchen with a regular size refrigerator and kitted-out with everything you would need like dish soap, forks, plates, coffee, trash bags, etc. Cooked breakfast downstairs in the lobby was delicious and more than ample. The lobby by the way was beautifully appointed and there was also a little store for forgotten items you may need to purchase like a toothbrush, aspirin, candybar, etc. Good amount of parking, exercise room, business center, GOOD free wi-fi, and swimming pool. There is a Canes and a Taco Bell a block a way. 2 miles away Carrabbas, OCharleys, Chillis, Ground Patti, etc. Lafayette airport is approx a mile 1/2 away from hotel. I highly recommend this hotel for long term & short term.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thanks for the positive review! I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. It sounds like our suite was a perfect spot for your recent stay in Lafayette. On behalf of our entire team we wish your mother a speedy recovery and hope to welcome you back to Lafayette soon.

Warmest regards,