“Wonderful food and ambiance!”
Review of Village Cafe Lafayette - CLOSED

Village Cafe Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Richland
New Orleans
“Wonderful food and ambiance!”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I had lunch there recently with my cousin. It was a lovely breezy day, so we sat outside. We both had the Big Apple salad with Herb Vinaigrette on the side, instead of the Smokey Bacon Dressing (we no longer eat bacon). I had Louisiana Lump Crab Cakes to start, and she had Portobello Fries. Everything was delicious! The waiter Michael was charming and very attentive. I will definitely return!

• Visited April 2012

Lafayette, LA
“Top notch food in Lafayette”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We dine here every month or so. The food is excellent! We tend to go mostly for Sunday brunch when the weather is nice so that we can sit outside. I am addicted to the salad with shredded apple on top. I add grilled shrimp. My spouse is addicted to the Oyster Sardou. We've always had great service here. This is a nice date place as well as a nice place to dine with family. Our young grandson (under 2) is always treated nicely.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Lafayette1
louisiana
“Charming”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Neighhood atmosphere with great food and ambiance and charm. Excellent wait staff and wine list....love this chef.

Stoup
“Two nights in a row!”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Acadiana breeds great chefs and has extreme competition for great food, and the Village Cafe stacks up in every way. The walls are covered with good wine selections, some of them even obscure. We found a 2004 Rosanthal Cab that we have rarely seen on a menu and at a very fair price. We bought all the had....3 bottles. The tables are covered in linen cloths, an attentive wait staff, and super creative mixed drinks made for a very relaxed and fun evening. One of our guest even wore shorts. The appetizers are worthy...the Fois Gras exceptional but I felt overpriced, moist fresh crabcakes, and my favorite, Sweetbreads served on top of a "compressed" cantelope. I have never seen this method of preperation, and it was fabulous. They were served with a spicy sauce.
For the main course, the first night, I had the Escolar(a kind of white fat fish) that was cooked perfect and oh so fresh with light butter and wine sauce served with rice with giant pieces of fresh lobster claw in the rice. Veal chop is huge and melt in your mouth, the apple salad with flank or tuna refreshing, and save room for their homemade deserts. Hot berry cobbler and the seven layer chocolate cake. Make a reservation because I know this place is on the move to much fame. We ate there two nights in a row! It is on the square of River Ranch. Enjoy.

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank Stoup
Louisiana
“New Lafayette Favorite”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Enjoyed this River Ranch restaurant! Had outside table that was quite comfortable on a June evening. The Food was outstanding! This is my new special occasion favorite. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited June 2011