“Calling all Meatsa Meatsa Lovers”

2Paul's Radically Urban Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We really enjoyed our lunch at 2Paul's. I ordered the beef brisket salad and my hubby order the giant Black Angus beef burger. The salad had a generous portion of cubed brisket on a bed of greens, mushrooms, celery, raisins and apples and topped with grilled asparagus. It comes with a horseradish dressing, but I ate my plain and loved it. Hubby says one of the best burgers ever and believe me he has eaten many, many burgers in his lifetime. The burger came with breaded fries. The ice tea was fresh and strong-just the way we like it!

GastroCeleb, Owner at 2Paul's Radically Urban Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you, Verrets, for sharing your experience at 2Paul's. So glad you enjoyed your dinner and that you let us know it.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We are originally from Texas and we used to eat BBQ at a restaurant at the corner of Bertrand and Congress but it closed down years ago. Haven't eaten BBQ since. We found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. The first thing you notice when you walk in is the modern decor and the cleanliness. The cashier was very friendly. We ordered the smoked chicken salad (a hint of pecan smoke), ribs (fall off the bone tender from slow cooking, not boiled), onion rings (light and crispy), green beans (made with onions and bell peppers). We ordered the pulled pork and mac n cheese to go and will eat it tomorrow. It's not on the online menu but they have 10 different beers and some one serving bottles of wine besides the regular drink fare. They make their own BBQ sauce (add a little sugar and it will be even better) and sell the bottles. Enjoyed our meal and will being going back!

GastroCeleb, Owner at 2Paul's Radically Urban Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your trip to 2Paul's. I'll take up that sugar thing with my husband. 'Ya never know. Thanks for taking the time to give such an in depth review.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Not bad, family outing and something for everyone. I had the Tuesday all you can eat ribs,,,I must say the owner has this one down with his Oklahoma / Cajun fusion for sure. Good stuff. The pricing is good and depends on your appetite they offer two types of servings so a family will not break the bank! Worth the effort to seek and find this place. Great BBQ

GastroCeleb, Owner at 2Paul's Radically Urban Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Ribs are our specialty and we are delighted when you could have All You Can Eat at a good price and feed the kids, too.Thank you for sharing your experience at 2Paul's.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Unfortunately we were only passing through Lafayette on our way home. But as we watched this charming town slip into our rear view mirror we only had mouth watering memories. Our only stop was the delicious treasures of 2Paul's. If you too are only passing through this part of the state, you won't be wasting your time with a quick stop here. After you're attracted by the bright colors of this place you'll soon be overwhelmed by the southern hospitality. From the owner to the waitress, everyone goes out of their way to make your dining experience great. If we had more time we would have explored the menu in depth. However, my choice of three-meat: ribs, pulled pork and brisket was the best decision I could have made. The meats were juicy, tender with a good smokey flavor. Our sides were excellent as well. The hand breaded onion rings were crispy, tasty and bountiful. The mac and cheese was creamy with a spicy undertone.

GastroCeleb, Owner at 2Paul's Radically Urban Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

It's doubly meaningful when a reviewer enjoys their food AND their Southern experience. We thank you for sharing your visit to 2Paul's and "ya'll come back soon, okay?"

Reviewed March 11, 2013

On our way from New Orleans back to Dallas, we stopped here to eat because we read the good reviews online and BBQ sounded good after eating Cajun and seafood all weekend. It did not disappoint. The ribs and pulled pork were good and the onion rings lived up to their hype. I especially liked the green beans, and who ever reviews green beans? We also liked their sauces and the bread pudding was a perfect treat to end with. Too bad we live 5 hours away.

GastroCeleb, Owner at 2Paul's Radically Urban Barbeque, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I've got to agree on the green beans: it's our first Green Bean Review! We appreciate your taking the time to share your experience and are so pleased you enjoyed your trip to 2Paul's.