“Saving Grace”

Jolies Louisiana Bistro
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Mary
Description: Fresh. Local. Seasonal. Louisiana Farm to Table Beautiful Casual Atmosphere Great Wine List and Crafted Cocktails Local Produce and Artisanal Ingredients Famous Louisiana Heritage Paintings by George Rodrigue
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Went there hoping for better on the last night of our two week road trip, but ended on a low.

The food just did not hit the high spots at all, and was way too expensive for what you are given, which were small portions. The baked oysters were disappointing, but no where near as poor as the crab cake, which just did not seem to resemble the classic american dish.

The service was very good, thanks to Grace, who almost saved the day, but had just too much to make up for the kitchen.

Our shuttle driver says he does not take many people there, and perhaps we know why.

2  Thank Cwyfan

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We came here with another couple for brunch on a Saturday on the strength of its reviews. It's not an inexpensive restaurant, but the food was very good and the portions were large. I had the shrimp omelette and made the mistake of ordering the optional oysters; they weren't needed. Even as the restaurant filled up, the sound level was very low, something which is rare these days.We had no trouble carrying on a conversation with our friends. The ambiance was clearly upscale, but we didn't feel uncomfortable in jeans.

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Jolie's is the upscale cousin of another favorite of mine, the Blue Dog Cafe. At Jolie's, you'd be best not to miss the oyster sampler! But all the food there is fantastic and a lot of it is local (which I like to support) and the atmosphere is nice but not too over the top. I'm also a big fan of their martini and drink menu.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We went here for dinner. We had reservations for 4 and showed up with 5. The staff quickly adapted and changed our table to accommodate the extra person. We shared the cheese plate for an appetizer. The pumpkin soup was a hit with our group. The cioppino was full of seafood and had just enough spice without being overwhelming. We loved that the ingredients come from local suppliers.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Well I tried Jolie's again. I went with a group of friends to Jolie's for a birthday lunch. I like the atmosphere and the service was good. BUT I just don't like the food. I ordered Shrimp and Grits which is one of my favorite dishes. I've had many variations of it and liked them all except for this one. Very bad. The burger to my left looked good and the fries were good. I just think the food is much better almost anywhere else

1  Thank Margaretvest