“Excellent service”

The French Press
Ranked #6 of 564 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is a new restaurant that opened the first week of 2010.
South Louisiana
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Six friends and I had Sunday breakfast. Our server was knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. I like the atmosphere of the restaurant. My choice today was French toast with cream cheese and bananas topped with berry-champagne compote. I added scrambled eggs and sausage. Everything was served just as I ordered it. My Coke glass was filled as necessary. Very impressed and I will return.

• Visited August 2014

shreveport
“do not miss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

A friend of my wife told us that we had to go to this place for brunch if we were in Lafayette. I didn't really want to go since our hotel offered a free breakfast and it is pretty good, but I played along. One of the best decisions I made all trip. It is a small place, laid back atmosphere, not a place to go if you are in a hurry, but the people are interesting, the waiters very nice and attentive, and the food is absolutely unmatched. I had a breakfast that involved poached eggs over a bed of rice with gumbo poured over it. You heard me right, but it really, really works! My wife and daughter also had unusual dishes, and all were fantastic. You might want to skip the appetizers-brunch will fill you up. We really weren't hungry until dinner. Do not miss this!

• Visited July 2014
Lafayette, Louisiana
“So Many Great Dishes It's Hard to Choose”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Friends and I went here for lunch on a Sunday around noon. This was our first time visiting the French Press. We waited for a table for about 30 minutes (reasonable) and were served pineapple mimosas from the bar while we waited. We noticed around 12:45 pm that the crowd let up some and people were walking right in and being seated. The menu was amazing, and they were still offering breakfast options! There were so many great things to choose from, we had a difficult time making up our minds! This foodie could probably eat here everyday for the next six months and never get tired of their many choices. For starters, we began with their truffle fries (fried in truffle oil) and also the sweet baby breesus. Both were great, but I really recommend the sweet baby breesus. I had the breakfast sandwich and my friend had the same, but they accommodated her gluten allergy well. We had their breakfast potatoes topped with bacon and blue cheese as our side. Another friend had the French toast stuffed with cream cheese and banana with the berry-champagne compote and a scoop of homemade ice cream on the side. She was in heaven! And last was the blackened redfish Poboy tried by her husband. Everything was phenomenal, and our service was fantastic. Our only complaint was that it felt quite warm in the dining area. We all left happy and ready to return soon! Don't miss this downtown historic gem!

1 Thank Crystal J
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Bad First Impression”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We brought out of town guests for what we thought would be a nice brunch. We checked in and waited quite some time until a table for 4 became available. It sat empty for several minutes until a couple came in and were seated immediately. No explanation was given and I'm certain I will not waste my time attempting to patronize this location again.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank love-melinda
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Great breakfast, fun atmosphere ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This place is small on space but big on great food and fun details. The motif is a mix of leather and dark woods with raw iron beams and peeling plaster. It may sound odd but it it really well done. The menu is a delightful southern offering; the boudin ball biscuits were a wonderful appetizer. Country fried steak and chicken and waffles were done with a modern twist. This place is a must if you are in the area and are in the mood for breakfast.