“A great dinner”

The French Press
Ranked #8 of 586 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a new restaurant that opened the first week of 2010.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Only open for dinner fri. & sat. evenings. Open for breakfast & lunch the rest of the week. Dinner was great. Service was way above great. Really neat downtown location.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

French Press does not disappoint. I've eaten dinner and brunch there recently and was blown away by the creativity of the chef. The dinner menu is creative and inventive and does not disappoint on flavor. Brunch is like nothing in the city - the biscuits with boudin are yummy and the grits and grillades are wonderful. French Press is a not-to-miss restaurant when you are in Lafayette.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

From the get geaux, the staff was friendly and attentive. Our waiter, Matt, was exactly the kind of person you want to serve you at a restaurant. Knowledgeable of the menu and eager to provide great service. On to the food, starting with the coffee -- only French pressed will do, right? -- my wife and I ordered two house specialties, chicken and waffles, and Cajun benedict. It just doesn't get better. We live some six hours away from what we consider one of the finest and absolute tastiest breakfasts we've ever had, otherwise The French Press would be a regular stop on our list of favorite eating spots.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Loved the Cajun eggs benedict and the french toast. Great cup of coffee. I enjoyed the look and feel of the building.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were in Lafayette, LA for Festival Acadian and on Sunday morning we decided to go to breakfast at The French Press. The servers were really nice and we beat the rush by getting there at about 9:15 AM. I was surprised that the food took as long as it did to get out, but there were eight of us including three that were five or younger. The kiddies got the pancakes with strawberries and biscuits. The brought out paper cups for the young ones. My breakfast was really good - I got the "Sweet Breesus" - which were 3 biscuit sliders with boudin, bacon and pepper jelly syrup! It also came with breakfast potatoes - needless to say everything was eaten. Other members got the chicken fried steak and the grits and grillades as well as the breakfast sandwich, all were really good. Next year for the festival, I plan to go back!