“Most amazing breakfast I've ever eaten”
Review of The French Press

The French Press
Ranked #13 of 580 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a new restaurant that opened the first week of 2010.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is a small place in downtown Lafayette. The prices are reasonable. My husband and I paid around $25 with tax, tip and extras. If you are an adventurous foodie. you must try the inadequitely named "breakfast sandwich" with goat cheese. This sandwich was the best breakfast sandwich I've ever eaten, bar none! We also ordered a side of "praline bacon." This is another definate MUST! A side is only two slices, but it is well worth the money! It's like breakfast dessert!
And here's a parking tip since this resturant is actually downtown...there is an art gallery/shop across the street and behind that is a free one hour parking lot.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We visit Lafayette often and only just this past Nov did we go to the French Press...what a shame, how many times I have missed in the past...will try to go every time from now on...all the food was terrific, really delicious...daughter, son-in-law, husband and I went for Sunday brunch...best bloody mary with fresh vegetables in it, not just the typical celery stalk....three of us ordered sandwiches and we all loved them...husband took a risk that did not pan out well, as he ordered a very "regional" dish and did not like it (some sort of eggs benedict with gumbo over it--truly, served in a bowl and more of a soup than an eggs benedict)...he had to order something else and really enjoyed his next selection...it would have been nice if the manager would have seen fit to remove the egg dish from the bill but he wouldn't...and I kind of understand because really, it wasn't the restaurant's fault that husband didn't like it...there was nothing wrong with the dish, just not liked....still would have been "good will" for restaurant to not charge for the disliked dish, but no matter...manager and server were very friendly about it and it did not alter our overall opinion of the restaurant...

they do not take reservations and we did wait about 45 minutes for a table, but we used the time to walk around downtown so no problem...I would try this place if I were you....it was VERY good food and a fun atmosphere...

1  Thank AnaEvergreen
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had many memorable food experiences during the trip to Louisiana...lunch at The French Press still rated as one of the top highlights of the trip. The ambiance is warm and relaxed. Every item on the menu looked delicious. We tried the boudin balls on biscuit (appetizer)...best $2 I've ever spent. The fried oyster po'boy was incredibly delicious. I wish I had room for more items on the menu. Will definitely go back for more next time!!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The French Press is an amazing little place, with a casual, neighborhood vibe and fantastic food. I had the stuffed french toast (strawberries and bananas - yum!), my son had pancakes, and hubs got a giant breakfast sandwich with potatoes. We sipped our coffee, caught up, and enjoyed the atmosphere.

The building housing the restaurant did indeed used to be a printing establishment. (You'll notice the old sign outside and some old lettering trays hanging on the walls.) It's also right on a town square in Lafayette. If you take your time on a Sunday morning, you'll see the fountains outside begin to play as you leave!

1  Thank bradshawgirl
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Wow, really good. Everything from the truffle fries, to the fried oysters, to the avacodo & shrimp salad was great. Even a born and bred local said it was the best gumbo that she has ever had. Get there and get there soon!!!