“No excuse for service this bad, and then to ask for an 18% tip???” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Romacelli Bistro e Vino

Romacelli Bistro e Vino
Ranked #148 of 557 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lafayette, LA
“No excuse for service this bad, and then to ask for an 18% tip???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

We went to Romacelli in River Ranch today for lunch. We have been to both locations going back to the days when this was Cafe Roma. I've never been impressed but I've also never been totally disturbed at incredibly unacceptable service.

We had a party of 7. None of us ordered anything that should have been difficult, in fact three of us ordered the exact same thing, a simple Cajun pasta dish. My wife and daughter also ordered a salad, the others had sandwiches.

The waitress who took our order came to our table a total of three times during our entire visit. Somebody else even delivered the food. The salads NEVER came, and when the entrees arrived the pasta dishes were cold. My wife and daughter said they would just take them like they were since we were in somewhat of a hurry, but come on... let's take a minute and make this right. I sent mine back to the kitchen.

Ten minutes later it came back. They said they sauted it again but the exact same parmesan cheese I had sprinkled on it was on the top AND IT WAS STILL COLD. We didn't have enough time for it to be sent back again so the waitress asked if I WANTED IT PLACED IN A BOX TO GO? Are you kidding me?

Then she brought the bill and she was asking for an 18% gratuity. No apology for the salads that never came, and she blamed the cold food on the kitchen. I spoke with the manager and he was useless, saying he told her to not charge us for the food we never got, but he told me the tip was on the entire bill.

Sorry folks, I'll never go to Romacelli ever again, and negative word of mouth is the worst kind of publicity a restaurant can get. So sad.... this place has potential to be really good. At best it has never been above average, and today I can't say the food was bad because I never got any I could eat!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bandman

Lafayette, Louisiana
“Terrible Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I went to Romacelli Saturday and were disappointed in our food and lack of management! We both ordered salads and both were horrible! Mine was supposed to be a mix of romaine and iceberg but it came out all iceberg. I asked the server about it and he went to talk to the kitchen. He came back unapologetically and told me that romaine was in my salad and that it was just light colored and looked like iceberg. Sorry but I used to own a restaurant and I know the difference! The salad was bland and flavorless! My husband's salad had water packed chicken on it. What made it worse was that the server knew I did not care for it but did nothing to fix it such as offer to get me something else or take it off my bill.
I will not go back!

Visited October 2013
“Great spot for some wine and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Not very upscale but rather pleasantly laid back and casual. BTW the hummus is off the chain as well as the calamari and at a great price too. Service was overall quick and efficient. Like the fact that the manager stop by to check on us!

• Visited August 2013
Louisiana
“want to like this place but can't”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Really want to like this place so much. We stop by almost weekly because we enjoy the outside dining. I'm down to just pizza on the menu however. Have tried several of the pastas, but continue to be disappointed. Somehow they have managed to make fettucini alfredo tasteless & this week we branched out to other pastas only to be disappointed again. Food is definitely not quality it once was.

Visited July 2013
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Don't Waste Your Time Or Money;......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

May 25, 2013

We went there last night for dinner as it was my Mom's Birthday and the food and service was bad. I guess that they think that they are better than others as to there location,,,,,,,,

• Visited May 2013