“Not very good”

Red Roof Inn Lafayette Airport
Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here many times in the past. We booked a room for a weekend and are disappointed. The hotel is not as nice as it used to be. Still a faint smoke smell in the halls. Cleaning lady left dirty towels in bath n didn't leave regular coffee in room. Buffet was out of coffee 1/2 hr before buffet ended. No one around in buffet to talk to. NOT going to stay here again

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank chapeauxrouge
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Lafayette Airport

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This hotel has had an extensive facelift and they should be proud of their new look. It takes a lot to make over an older hotel that was originally (I'm guessing) a lower priced hotel/motel. It's not terrible, but it is one of the better Choice Hotels brands. The staf was wonderful and the room was very clean. If there was another hotel at the same price in this city, this one would be my choice each time. The rooms are very spacious, clean, and the beds were comfortable. For this price point I can't complain at all. I will say that if you are accustomed to staying at newer hotels you might be disappointed, but I and others have expressed that it is not new, but a very good value for the money and the area.

Room Tip: Stayed once on first floor and it was quiet enough. The doors are loud no matter what floor you'...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank shufordn
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Well I guess you get what you pay for. I have to stay in Choice Hotels per company requirements and for under $100 per night in Lafayette this is the second best of the choice hotels I've experienced there. Looks nice on the outside. The rooms ar of good size but clearly dated and although the counters and floors in the bathrooms looked like newer marble everything else plumming fixtures etc was old. The toilets are new too. The staff is friendly. On this trip I had a King Suite for $79 great price but furniture marred, no phone in my room and lighting is terribly dim.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Clarion M, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We do appreciate all your suggestions and will take this in consideration. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Just ok place for cheap price, not a place I would stay for more than one night, breakfast was poor at best. Bare feet were black after walking around the room with no shoes and socks. No trash can in room?

• Stayed: January 2014
Clarion M, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I would like if you could give us a call at your convenience and let us know how we can improve our breakfast, we are always looking for feedback from our guest.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stopped at the Clarion when visiting my family for christmas. The staff was extremely nice and rooms were clean and spacious.
The complementary hot brekfast was very convinient and the staff was extremely helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Clarion M, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here. We pride ourselves on on great hot breakfast buffet and our staff service. I will share your comment with my staff and let them know that there hard work and dedication to the guest is appreciated.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed twice,This Clarion has a great & friendly staff. My room was nice n clean no complaints.The breakfast was ok! Really enjoyed my stay here:)! Will stay here again when I'm in town...................

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Nicole2014
Belinda Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2015

Thank you for your nice review. We have new owners and management and we are working daily to make improvements to the Hotel. Also, please come back and visit soon, as we have the Black Iron Pot Cajun Grill and Pub that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as provides room service.

Clarion Inn Lafayette Airport
Management

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I recently attended a large convention and should have known something was wrong when I found every hotel booked solid except for the Clarion. This is by far the shabbiest hotel I've ever seen. Two lamps didn't work, the television didn't work, the shower head was shattered, the hot and cold water was inconsistent. I had to get my room key replaced twice before I could get it to work. I was told the locks were so old, that I had to slide the card at just the "right speed and angle" to get the lock to function. The only good thing I can say is that the hotel clerk tried to be as helpful as she could. She had obviously heard these complaints before. If I ever encounter another occasion when the Clarion is the only available hotel, I'll just sleep in my car. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rick R
Clarion M, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay due to the hot water issue. My team responded quickly and worked hard to make sure all guest received hot water in a timely manner. I did share your comments regarding your issues in your room with my Maintenance Department. We do appreciate your comments and are sincerely sorry for your experience.

Regards,