“Just ok.”

Red Roof Inn Lafayette Airport
Ranked #43 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Just ok place for cheap price, not a place I would stay for more than one night, breakfast was poor at best. Bare feet were black after walking around the room with no shoes and socks. No trash can in room?

• Stayed: January 2014
Clarion M, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I would like if you could give us a call at your convenience and let us know how we can improve our breakfast, we are always looking for feedback from our guest.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stopped at the Clarion when visiting my family for christmas. The staff was extremely nice and rooms were clean and spacious.
The complementary hot brekfast was very convinient and the staff was extremely helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Clarion M, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here. We pride ourselves on on great hot breakfast buffet and our staff service. I will share your comment with my staff and let them know that there hard work and dedication to the guest is appreciated.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed twice,This Clarion has a great & friendly staff. My room was nice n clean no complaints.The breakfast was ok! Really enjoyed my stay here:)! Will stay here again when I'm in town...................

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Nicole2014
Belinda Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2015

Thank you for your nice review. We have new owners and management and we are working daily to make improvements to the Hotel. Also, please come back and visit soon, as we have the Black Iron Pot Cajun Grill and Pub that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as provides room service.

Clarion Inn Lafayette Airport
Management

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I recently attended a large convention and should have known something was wrong when I found every hotel booked solid except for the Clarion. This is by far the shabbiest hotel I've ever seen. Two lamps didn't work, the television didn't work, the shower head was shattered, the hot and cold water was inconsistent. I had to get my room key replaced twice before I could get it to work. I was told the locks were so old, that I had to slide the card at just the "right speed and angle" to get the lock to function. The only good thing I can say is that the hotel clerk tried to be as helpful as she could. She had obviously heard these complaints before. If I ever encounter another occasion when the Clarion is the only available hotel, I'll just sleep in my car. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rick R
Clarion M, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay due to the hot water issue. My team responded quickly and worked hard to make sure all guest received hot water in a timely manner. I did share your comments regarding your issues in your room with my Maintenance Department. We do appreciate your comments and are sincerely sorry for your experience.

Regards,

Clarissa P.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The staff is nice. The shuttle picked me up from the airport and brought me back also. It was my first time to Lafayette visiting my sister. Traveling from California to Louisiana the southern hospitally was very warming. My room was nice and clean and because I am a personal trainer the fitness center was a real treat for me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jay l
Clarion M, Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

It was great to have you stay with us at the Clarion Inn Lafayette Airport. We are glad that you enjoy your stay and took advantage of our free shuttle service and exercise room! In your next visit to town, give us a ring and our friendly staff will be waiting for you right outside the airport!
We appreciate you!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Web site stated no pet fee and another web site stated pet fee may apply. I told the clerk I had a small pet but she never said there would be a fee charged and there were no signs stating there would be a pet fee charged. They charged $20.00 per night. This hotel was not clean. They put us in the back of the hotel. It smelled bad inside and outside the hotel. They did not empty the outside trash cans the entire time we stayed there and there were cigarette butts all over the outside door entrance. The inside of our room smelled moldy. The room had not been cleaned very well. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Susie C
Anna C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

We are very sorry to hear that your stay did not satisfy your expectations. I want to apology about our team member not mentioning about the pet fee. Our hotel is pet friendly but we charge a small pet fee. Also, I want to apology that the cleanliness was not satisfactory for you. I did address it with the housekeeping staff and the maintenance personnel.
We TRULY appreciate your comments, without them we would not be able to see the hotel in our guests eyes.
Bora C.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Didn't really care for the location but my stay was ok.Room was pretty nice n clean.The full breakfast was good eggs, grits,sausage, bacon, waffles, etc.....! Hotel staff r such great and friendly people.i WOULD stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013