“great”

Ranked #44 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Dallas, Texas
“great”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The staff is nice. The shuttle picked me up from the airport and brought me back also. It was my first time to Lafayette visiting my sister. Traveling from California to Louisiana the southern hospitally was very warming. My room was nice and clean and because I am a personal trainer the fitness center was a real treat for me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jay l
Clarion M, Manager at Eve Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
It was great to have you stay with us at the Clarion Inn Lafayette Airport. We are glad that you enjoy your stay and took advantage of our free shuttle service and exercise room! In your next visit to town, give us a ring and our friendly staff will be waiting for you right outside the airport!
We appreciate you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rayville, Louisiana
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Web site stated no pet fee and another web site stated pet fee may apply. I told the clerk I had a small pet but she never said there would be a fee charged and there were no signs stating there would be a pet fee charged. They charged $20.00 per night. This hotel was not clean. They put us in the back of the hotel. It smelled bad inside and outside the hotel. They did not empty the outside trash cans the entire time we stayed there and there were cigarette butts all over the outside door entrance. The inside of our room smelled moldy. The room had not been cleaned very well. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Susie C
Anna C, General Manager at Eve Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We are very sorry to hear that your stay did not satisfy your expectations. I want to apology about our team member not mentioning about the pet fee. Our hotel is pet friendly but we charge a small pet fee. Also, I want to apology that the cleanliness was not satisfactory for you. I did address it with the housekeeping staff and the maintenance personnel.
We TRULY appreciate your comments, without them we would not be able to see the hotel in our guests eyes.
Bora C.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Didn't really care for the location but my stay was ok.Room was pretty nice n clean.The full breakfast was good eggs, grits,sausage, bacon, waffles, etc.....! Hotel staff r such great and friendly people.i WOULD stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Nicole2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Interesting hotel, obviously a former condo complex. The restaurant next door is open to anyone, but FREE for guests! That's enough to make me a frequent guest. After all the boring hotel breakfasts I see all year (I travel 150 nights/year), the breakfast here is a welcome treat.

Housekeeping and maintenance people were all kind, but the front desk was kind of clueless and difficult to communicate with. Rooms are fine, the deadbolt on my door was removed, but hoping that's been fixed.

Another thing about the breakfast - the staff are cheerful, do anything to help, type of people. Starts your day off great! I'd eat there even if I was staying somewhere different.

Room Tip: Rooms are hard to find. Don't listen to front desk, just enter the first door and walk until yo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2013

the staff at the front was friendly when I checked in that night.The rooms were fine.The hotel looks like its an older hotel. Much to my suprise they had a bar on site. The breakfast was good. It was a breakfast buffet. My only complaint was that I was on second floor but they don't have any elevators.

• Stayed June 2013
Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2013

*Toe nail in bed on sheets
*Bathroom smelt urine
*Furniture was spray painted black
*A/C not working well stayed at 85 all night
*Front desk staff was very rude
*Stains on carpet all over the place
*Toilet paper in toilet
*Shower head broken
*Trash can liner dirty black stuff all over
*Phone missing buttons and not working

This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had and I stay over 200 nights a year.

Room Tip: Don't go here and you will get a good room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank Jeffn92
Clear Lake
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Room we had reserved was a King suite. It was very dirty, smelled, and set way in the back of the hotel and very creepy back there. They switched us to a regular room, but did not change the price. Told us the price we booke the King suite for should have not been that price???
Second room was better - except when I went to plug in my phone for the night - we looked behind the bed and the outlet had too many things plugged in and it had melted off the wall!! The shower was also not working the greatests. The front desk gal was wonderful, though. Didn't have a phone book in room or a restaurant guide, but she found a phone book and ran in right down. (have pictures of the wall outlet - room 136) When we checked out, I told the front desk about the wall outlet, they gave me the card of the General Manager, Wayne Slavit, and was told he would call me or e-mail me that day. Have never heard from him.

Room Tip: Don't pick the rooms around back - very creepy!! Would not feel safe at all!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SadieMae123
wslavit, General Manager at Eve Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
I left employ at this property on May 31st, 2013 and no message was every given to me verbally or in writing.